We made our frozen chicken wings in the air fryer to keep things simple. Then we coated them in a quick homemade buffalo sauce for those who like a little heat! Just as good as the wings you’d get at your favorite restaurant for a fraction of the cost!
Buffalo wings are a staple in American culture. They are served somewhere in every American city. People devour them by the millions during football games.
Since we eat so many of these, why don’t we just cook them at home more often? The answer is because when you fry them, it is a mess. Plus, stinky oil is never fun to deal with.
Since the air fryer has been released the two most popular things to cook are potatoes and chicken. With its popularity, it is only natural that buffalo wings are perfected as well.
We love that you go straight from freezer to air fryer to table. Delicious!
How to make frozen chicken wings in an air fryer:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grab your wings and spread them out in an even layer in your basket. Spritz the wings with a bit of oil as well.
Cook them for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F then flip the wings and cook for another 15 minutes.
Tip for extra crispy wings!
After they have cooked the full 30 minutes, you can spritz them again with oil spray and cook another couple of minutes. This will give you a more crisp skin.
How to make a mild buffalo sauce:
In a saucepan add some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, white distilled vinegar, butter, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Heat this up over medium heat stirring every once in a while. You will know it is done when the edges start bubbling. Remove from heat.
Toss your chicken wings in the sauce to coat and serve. We love these with ranch dressing, but blue cheese is another popular option.
They are called “drums” or “drumettes” and “flats”. The drums look like little chicken legs but are actually part of the wing also.
We haven’t tested it, but it should. You will likely cook in 2-3 less minutes.
More classic recipes you can cook in an air fryer:
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
For the wings:
- 10 frozen bone-in chicken wing sections
For the sauce:
- ⅓ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
To make the wings:
- Spritz the air fryer basket with oil spray and arrange the wings in an even layer.
- Spritz the wings with oil spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through cooking.
- Toss in the sauce just before serving.
To make the sauce:
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. The cayenne pepper will give the sauce a spicier flavor. Omit for mild wings.
- Remove from the heat once the edges of the sauce are bubbling.