Smoked sausage cooked in the air fryer pairs perfectly with any number of veggies. For this recipe we added broccoli and sweet potatoes for a perfect blend of ingredients in every bite.
I look for easy recipes every chance I get. I’m busy, like most people, and I don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking dinner.
I especially don’t want to spend a lot of time cleaning up dinner.
A go to dinner for us has always been sheet pan meals. We’d toss smoked sausage, broccoli, and sweet potatoes on a sheet pan and bake…easy prep, easy clean up, and everyone loves it!
I swapped out the sheet pan for an air fryer and this recipe is even faster!
Plus, you can mix up the veggies however you like!
We love smoked sausage in our house and I absolutely get cravings for this meal! I like it so much I often eat the left overs for breakfast or brunch the following day. I am telling you, this is a favorite recipe in our house!
We start this one off just like we do our air fryer sweet potato cubes and then just build on the recipe with sausage and broccoli.
How to cook this recipe:
Sweet potatoes – Wash and peel your sweet potatoes. Chop them into cubes. Place them into a bowl and drizzle some oil over them along with the Cajun seasoning. Stir well and pop them in your air fryer for 10 minutes.
Sausage and Broccoli – Slice the sausage into rounds. Add this to your mixing bow alongside some broccoli that has been chopped into florets. Drizzle this with oil and Cajun seasoning also and toss to coat.
Air Fry – Add the smoked sausage and broccoli to the basket that has the partially cooked sweet potatoes in it. Stir it up so everything is mixed a little and then cook it for 5 more minutes.
- You can make this lower in carbs by swapping the sweet potatoes with cubed butternut squash.
- Add mushrooms or onions in with the broccoli.
- Cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, red peppers all work great in the air fryer. The cauliflower and peppers would cook in the last 5 minutes with the sausage. The asparagus will likely need all 15 minutes and the zucchini should take about 10 minutes.
More recipes you might like:
- 2 whole sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 14 ounces smoked sausage
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- Add the potatoes to a mixing bowl and drizzle with half of the oil. Sprinkle with half of the cajun seasoning and toss to coat.
- Place the sweet potato cubes in your air fryer basket.
- Set air fryer to 390 degrees and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice the smoked sausage into rounds. Add to the mixing bowl along with the broccoli florets.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and season with the remaining Cajun seasoning.
- When the air fryer stops, add the smoked sausage and broccoli to the basket with the potatoes and stir well to combine.
- Continue cooking at 390 for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
You may swap out the vegetables as desired, just be sure to allow them enough time to cook. Potatoes and butternut squash will take around 15 minutes total. Zucchini and asparagus should take around 10 minutes. Broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers take around 5 minutes. Adjust cook times to suit your preferences.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 1421mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.