Smoked sausage cooked in the air fryer pairs perfectly with any number of veggies. For this recipe we added broccoli and sweet potatoes for a perfect blend of ingredients in every bite.
I look for easy recipes every chance I get. I’m busy, like most people, and I don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking dinner.
I especially don’t want to spend a lot of time cleaning up dinner.
A go to dinner for us has always been sheet pan meals. We’d toss smoked sausage, broccoli, and sweet potatoes on a sheet pan and bake…easy prep, easy clean up, and everyone loves it!
I swapped out the sheet pan for an air fryer and this recipe is even faster!
Plus, you can mix up the veggies however you like!
We love smoked sausage in our house and I absolutely get cravings for this meal! I like it so much I often eat the left overs for breakfast or brunch the following day. I am telling you, this is a favorite recipe in our house!
We start this one off just like we do our air fryer sweet potato cubes and then just build on the recipe with sausage and broccoli.
How to cook this recipe:
Sweet potatoes – Wash and peel your sweet potatoes. Chop them into cubes. Place them into a bowl and drizzle some oil over them along with the Cajun seasoning. Stir well and pop them in your air fryer for 10 minutes.
Sausage and Broccoli – Slice the sausage into rounds. Add this to your mixing bow alongside some broccoli that has been chopped into florets. Drizzle this with oil and Cajun seasoning also and toss to coat.
Air Fry – Add the smoked sausage and broccoli to the basket that has the partially cooked sweet potatoes in it. Stir it up so everything is mixed a little and then cook it for 5 more minutes.
- You can make this lower in carbs by swapping the sweet potatoes with cubed butternut squash.
- Add mushrooms or onions in with the broccoli.
- Cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, red peppers all work great in the air fryer. The cauliflower and peppers would cook in the last 5 minutes with the sausage. The asparagus will likely need all 15 minutes and the zucchini should take about 10 minutes.
More recipes you might like:
Air Fryer Smoked Sausage and Vegetables
- 2 whole sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil divided
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning divided
- 14 ounces smoked sausage
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- Add the potatoes to a mixing bowl and drizzle with half of the oil. Sprinkle with half of the Cajun seasoning and toss to coat.
- Place the sweet potato cubes in your air fryer basket.
- Set air fryer to 390 degrees and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice the smoked sausage into rounds. Add to the mixing bowl along with the broccoli florets.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil and season with the remaining Cajun seasoning.
- When the air fryer stops, add the smoked sausage and broccoli to the basket with the potatoes and stir well to combine.
- Continue cooking at 390 for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Comments & Reviews
Hey really liked your note at the end of recipe, what would be times at 390F for other vegetables like onions, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, green beans, diced Yukon Gold/ Russet potatoes be? I know it depends on how they’re cut etc but if you could put a table of that information together it would be really useful I think. Will be making the recipe in a day or two Thanks
Hi Ed! Great question! I haven’t tested all of these but green beans and carrots will take about 10 minutes, potatoes about 15 minutes. I’m not sure about onions, celery, or tomatoes. I’d guess 5 minutes on all of them.
Recipe turned out great definitely easy and full of flavor this will be a regular at my house. Thank you for the advice on cook times for other vegetables.