These tasty salmon tacos are cooked in the air fryer for an easy weeknight meal! The mango salsa makes the perfect topping with a nice blend of sweet and savory flavors that really makes these salmon tacos special.
Salmon tacos with mango salsa are a delicious combination of flavors and textures that make for a perfect meal. The tender, flaky salmon is complemented by the sweet, vibrant mango salsa. Paired with charred corn tortillas, this is the perfect dinner!
Salmon is a healthy and versatile fish that is easy to cook and can be paired with a variety of toppings. Mango salsa, in particular, adds a fresh and tropical twist to the dish. Made with ripe mangoes, jalapenos, red onions, cilantro, and lime juice, it is a burst of sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors that work together perfectly!
Aside from its taste, salmon tacos with mango salsa are also a great meal option for those looking to maintain a healthy diet. Salmon is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, while mango salsa is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Together, they make for a nutrient-dense and satisfying meal that is sure to leave you feeling energized and satisfied. And we could all use more of that!
Love fish tacos, but short on time. You’ve got to try our fish stick tacos! Sounds crazy, but they’re a major favorite in our house.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salmon – We need a pound of salmon that has been cut into four equal sized filets. We prefer fresh salmon, but frozen and thawed will also work.
You want to be sure to get a good cut of salmon for every salmon recipe. Do a color test, poke test, and smell test. On the color, the filets should be “salmon colored” or a orange shade of pink. For the poke, push down on the salmon with your finger. If it leaves a dent instead of coming back to shape, this isn’t the salmon for you! Last the smell test, if it smells murky, or rotten, leave it! You want fresh-smelling fish every time.
Seasoning– We’re keeping things simple, but flavorful with a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
Tortillas – Corn tortillas work great for this recipe, but small flour tortillas will do in a pinch. We like to warm ours up on a skillet and keep them in a tortilla warmer.
Mango Salsa– Our fresh mango salsa really gives these salmon tacos a tropical flair! You’ll need avocados, mango, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
Be sure to grab a ripe avocado and mango for the best flavor. Avocados should be firm, but give a bit when you squeeze them. You can also flick the little stem off and check the color underneath. It should be green.
For the mango, squeeze it to see if it is firm. It should give just a little when it is squeezed. If it doesn’t, it isn’t ready yet. The color is also important. It should be yellow or orange all over. Green mangoes are not quite ripe.
How to Make Salmon Tacos:
- Seasoning Blend – Add your seasonings to a small bowl and give them a stir.
- Season the Salmon – Pat your salmon dry and drizzle olive oil over the salmon. Rub the seasoning mix over the salmon to coat.
- Air Fry the Salmon– Spritz your air fryer with a non-stick spray and put the salmon in your air fryer skin side down. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Flake– Take your salmon filets and flake the salmon apart into small pieces.
How to Make Mango Salsa:
- Chop – Dice up the avocado and mango, mince the onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Chop the cilantro.
- Combine – Stir all of the salsa ingredients together in a bowl to combine. The more you stir, the creamier the salsa will become as the avocado breaks down.
- Build Your Tacos – Char the tortillas over an open flame (we do this right on our gas stove or on the grill) or warm them in a skillet. Top each tortilla with salmon and salsa and then dig in!
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
If you want salmon tacos that are not at all spicy, leave out the cayenne. If you like your salmon tacos more on the hot side, double the cayenne or add habanero peppers to your salsa in place of the jalapenos!
Yes, feel free to add any of your favorite taco toppings. A light sprinkling of cotija cheese works well with these salmon tacos.
Air Fryer Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
For the tacos:
- 1 pound salmon cut into 4 equal sized filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 8 corn tortillas warmed
For the Mango Salsa
- 2 medium avocados finely diced
- 1 large mango finely diced
- ½ medium red onion finely diced
- ½ medium jalapeno minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
To make the tacos:
- Pat the salmon dry and drizzle with olive oil. Rub to coat the flesh of the salmon in the oil.
- Add all of the seasonings to a small bowl and sprinkle over the flesh of the salmon. Do not season the skin.
- Spritz your air fryer basket with non-stick spray.
- Place salmon in the air fryer basket, skin side down, and cook for 7-9 minutes at 400 degrees or until salmon easily flakes apart with a fork.
- Char the tortillas over an open flame on your stove or heat in a skillet until warm and pliable.
- Use a fork to flake apart the salmon, leaving the skin behind if preferred, and divide between the warm tortillas. Top with the salsa and serve immediately.
To make the mango salsa:
- Add everything to a bowl and stir to combine. The more you stir, the more the avocado will break down and the creamier the salsa will become.
- Taste salsa and add additional salt, lime, or jalapeno to taste.