We serve these Air Fryer Salmon Bites alongside some rice and broccoli for a healthy, nutritious meal that the family goes nuts for! These little Cajun salmon bites make a great appetizer too!
My family loves smoked salmon, sliced thin and served with sweet mustard, cheese, and crackers. It’s perfect on a charcuterie board!
I thought we’d mix things up and decided to air fry our salmon with some cajun seasoning. It turned out so well that we have since turned these into a whole meal! Air fryer salmon bites, some buttered rice, and our air fryer frozen broccoli or air fryer green beans! Such a tasty dinner.
We love how simple this salmon recipe is – just cup your salmon into cubes, rub on the seasoning, and toss it in the air fryer. We went with our favorite Cajun seasoning blend, but you could really use any mix of seasonings you like. I bet some Old Bay or lemon pepper would be great on here too!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salmon – We need a full pound of salmon cut into one-inch cubes. Fresh salmon is always your best option.
Seasoning – We use Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, which is quite salty. We do not add extra salt. If you’re using a Cajun seasoning that does not have salt, you’ll want to add a bit. You may add salt to taste after cooking. You will also need a bit of olive oil to help the seasoning stick.
Sides- These are optional, but we really love these salmon bite with roasted broccoli and white rice. So simple, but so good! Squeeze a little lemon over everything to make the flavors pop!
Serve with a homemade remoulade sauce for dipping or drizzle it over your bowl of salmon and veggies. Use 1/3 cup mayo, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and a splash of vinegar for a simple remoulade! Just whisk together and serve.
How to Make Cajun Salmon Bites in an Air Fryer:
- Prep the salmon– Pat your salmon dry to remove excess moisture. Cube the salmon and add it to a bowl. Drizzle oil over the salmon and gently stir to coat all the cubes in oil. Sprinkle your seasoning over the salmon and again stir gently to coat.
- Air fry the salmon– Spritz oil into your air fryer basket and place your salmon cubes into the basket in a single layer. Air fry for 7 minutes at 400 degrees F. Shake the basket halfway through cooking to ensure the salmon cook evenly on each side and don’t stick to the basket.
- For serving- Add your cooked rice (or buttered pasta) to a shallow bowl. Then add in your air fried broccoli and air fryer salmon bites. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the top of everything!
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
Yes, you’ll want to move your salmon bites around in the air fryer to ensure they cook evenly. We give the basket a quick shake halfway through cooking. You could also use tongs and flip each piece individually, but shaking is easy enough.
Keep them in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Add about an eighth teaspoon of cayenne pepper seasoning for even more cajun kick!
Make it Low Carb!
It’s easy to make this meal low carb! Just swap the white rice for cauliflower rice and enjoy!
The salmon bites themselves have just 3g total carbs and 2g net carbs per serving.
Our Air Fryer Salmon Bites are easy to customize! Mix up the flavors with these blends of spices:
Asian: Coat the salmon bites in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, garlic powder, and ginger!
Garlic & Dill: Toss the salmon bites in melted butter mixed with garlic powder and fresh dill.
BBQ: Use a BBQ dry rub in place of the Cajun seasoning.
Lemon Pepper: A classic with any seafood recipe.
Old Bay: Skip the Cajun seasoning and toss your salmon in Old Bay instead.
More Air Fryer Fish Recipes:
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
For the Salmon Bites
- 1 pound salmon cut into 1 inch cubes, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 4 lemon wedges
- Parsley for garnish
To make the salmon:
- Pat the cubed salmon dry to remove any excess moisture.
- Add the cubed salmon to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Stir gently to coat.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the salmon and stir gently again to coat.
- Place salmon bites in a greased air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 400 degrees for about 6-7 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and browned. Gently shake basket halfway through cooking.
- Add cooked rice and broccoli to a shallow bowl or plate and top with the salmon bites. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over the top.