These AIR FRYER FRIED SHRIMP are coated with Parmesan and Italian seasonings. Big flavor, minimal work!. These can be made made quickly in the air fryer and come out with a crisp crust.
Shrimp are pretty easy to fry. The method of cooking is quick and easy enough. The problem is the smell and the mess that takes over your kitchen!
One of the many strengths of the air fryer is the ease. The ease comes precisely with the decreased clean up and decreased prep time to get a good fried meal.
These shrimp are a great example of that with a breading that comes out crispy when you cook them right and handle them properly during the cooking phase.
How to cook shrimp in the air fryer:
- Combine the mayo and cheese in a large mixing bowl and stir together well.
- In another small bowl, blend together the seasonings and the panko bread crumbs.
- Coat each piece of shrimp first in the mayo and cheese mixture, then in the seasoned panko.
- Brush the air fryer basket with olive oil to prepare for receiving the shrimp
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket spaced evenly apart. Work in batches if you must!
- Cook the shrimp for 10 minutes flipping halfway through. Be gentle when flipping as the breading will not be firm yet and will flake off if you are too rough with flipping.
Helpful tips for air frying your shrimp:
- Try not to take shortcuts on the steps in this recipe. If you try to blend all the ingredients together, or if you try to coat all the shrimp at the same time you won’t get a consistent, even coverage of all the shrimp. It will result in a lower quality dinner.
- If you only have plain Panko crumbs, just add in some Italian seasonings to taste.
Air Fryer Tips and Products
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a family of four and I have found that a six quart air fryer is the best size for us. I then chose the OMORC air fryer because it is dishwasher safe, another feature I take advantage of.
For this recipe we recommended brushing the air fryer basket with olive oil. If you insist on spraying, you should avoid the cans of non-stick spray. They can damage your air fryer basket. Instead, you should apply your oil with a pump spray bottle mister.
More recipes you might like:
Parmesan Fried Shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian style panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium to large bowl, combine the mayonnaise and the cheese. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Coat each piece of shrimp in the cheese/mayo mixture, and then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Brush the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Place each piece of shrimp in the basket in a single layer. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the shrimp at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Pause halfway and use a spatula to turn the shrimp, so both sides cook evenly.
- Serve immediately.