These air fryer fried shrimp are coated with Parmesan and Italian seasonings. Big flavor, minimal work! These can be made quickly in the air fryer and come out with a crisp crust.
Shrimp are pretty easy to fry. The method of cooking is quick and easy enough. The problem is the smell and the mess that takes over your kitchen!
One of the many strengths of the air fryer is its ease. The ease comes precisely with the decreased clean up and decreased prep time to get a good fried meal.
These shrimp are a great example of that with a breading that comes out crispy when you cook them right and handle them properly during the cooking phase.
Shrimp– We prefer medium shrimp. We also purchase them peeled and deveined because we just don’t like doing that ourselves.
Breading– We will use mayo and shredded parmesan cheese as a base. Then you will also need Panko to help give the breading a great texture. For the panko we like to use the Italian style to add some flavor, you can use regular panko if you wish.
Seasoning– For seasonings, we need salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning, and a little bit of olive oil.
How to Cook Shrimp in the Air Fryer:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Combine the mayo and cheese in a large mixing bowl and stir together well.
- In another small bowl, blend together the seasonings and the panko bread crumbs.
- Coat each piece of shrimp first in the mayo and cheese mixture, then in the seasoned panko.
- Brush the air fryer basket with olive oil to prepare for receiving the shrimp
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket spaced evenly apart. Work in batches if you must!
- Cook the shrimp for 10 minutes flipping halfway through. Be gentle when flipping as the breading will not be firm yet and will flake off if you are too rough with flipping.
Helpful tips for air frying your shrimp!
Try not to take shortcuts on the steps in this recipe. If you try to blend all the ingredients together, or if you try to coat all the shrimp at the same time you won’t get a consistent, even coverage of all the shrimp. It will result in a lower quality dinner.
If you only have plain Panko crumbs, just add in some Italian seasonings to taste.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like:
- Lemon garlic scallops in air fryer
- Air fryer turkey breast
- Broccoli and cheese casserole
- Air Fried Cauliflower Tots
Parmesan Fried Shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian style panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium to large bowl, combine the mayonnaise and the cheese. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Coat each piece of shrimp in the cheese/mayo mixture, and then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Brush the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Place each piece of shrimp in the basket in a single layer. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the shrimp at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Pause halfway and use a spatula to turn the shrimp, so both sides cook evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!