AIR FRYER DONUTS are the easiest and quickest way to get donuts on the breakfast table! A crispy outside and a soft, fluffy inside! We coated these in cinnamon and sugar to recreate our favorite donut in the air fryer.
I grew with fried biscuit donuts as an occassional treat for breakfast. We would mostly have these for special occasssions or when my mom jsut woke up in a really good mood. <— The best!!
Never heard of biscuit donuts? You’ve been missing out!
They’re literally just a tube of biscuits that have a hole cut out and then deep fried. Once you toss them in sugar or glaze them, they taste just like donuts. They would honestly rival any bakery donuts…they’re GOOD!
Anyway, they were always easy to make, but then you had a pan of grease to deal with and a house that smelled like hot oil. And who wants to deal with that mess first thing in the moringing?!
So when I got an air fryer, one of my first things to try making was biscuit donuts.
Honestly, I didn’t have very high hopes. Would they be just like a baked biscuit that was coated in sugar? Well…kind of…UNTIL you follow my special tip and dunk ’em in melted butter. It gives them that just fried taste and texture. Heaven!
They taste just as good as pan fried, yet the clean up was less than 2 minutes and I had no grease to get rid of. It was a dream!
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make this air fryer donut recipe:
- Open your can of biscuit dough and separate out all the individual biscuits
- Cut out the center with your method of choice, using a donut cutter or just the cap from a water bottle.
- Put only the donuts, not the donut holes in the air fryer and spray with cooking oil.
- Cook the donuts for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Flip them half way through. You may need to cook in batches to finish all of your donuts depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Put the donut holes in your air fryer basket and again apply cooking oil.
- Cook the donut holes for 4 minutes.
How to coat the donuts in sugar:
- Put your melted butter into a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar in the recipe.
- After removing the donuts from the air fryer dunk them in the butter then into the cinnamon sugar mix covering both sides of the donut for the best tasting results!
It probably seems a little…decadent…to dunk a donut in a bowl of melted butter, but I’m not here for the health food right now. I’m here for hot, freshly fried donuts and this is the key!
Air Fryer Notes:
I get asked pretty frequently which air fryer I am using. We have a few, but my favorite seems to be the OMORC air fryer. It’s 6 quarts which is perfect for a family of four. Also it is safe for my dishwasher which is a huge WIN!
Our air fryers all come with the same warning about non-stick spray, which is that using aerosol cans of spray can damage your air fryer basket. Instead you should use regular vegetable oil in a pump bottle, or mister to apply your cooking oil. This will ensure that your air fryer lasts longer!
More recipes you might like:
- One of my favorite quick desserts is an air fried Oreo!
- These grilled cheese sandwiches are crispy on the outside and loaded with cheese on the inside!
- We also have an easy way to cook frozen tater tots!
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut the center out of the donuts using a donut cutter or bottle cap from a water or soda bottle.
- Lightly spray the donuts with avocado oil spray and place in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, flipping them halfway through.
- Remove the donuts and add donut holes to the air fryer basket.
- Again spray the donut holes with cooking oil.
- Cook them for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the donut holes are cooking, add the melted butter to a shallow bowl.
- Add the granulated sugar and cinnamon to a second bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove the donuts from the air fryer and quickly dunk them first in the butter and then into the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 donuts +holes Serving Size: 1 donut + 1 donut hole
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.