These MAPLE BARS are sure to become a new favorite treat! Made in the air fryer so they’re quick and easy. The sweet maple icing so good you’ll want to eat it with a spoon!
If you haven’t tried making donuts in the air fryer yet, you are missing out. You can top them any number of ways, but our current favorite is with a maple glaze.
These are PERFECT for fall and I promise – you won’t be able to eat just one. They. Are. Good.
The combo of the maple sweetness with the fluffy goodness of the donut is divine. Served with milk, it becomes a classic breakfast treat.
The recipe below will bring this tasty treat to your table in less than 15 minutes.
How to make the maple bars:
Start with a can of biscuit dough. We don’t recommend using the ‘flaky layers’ variety, as the top layer tends to pop off when you glaze the donuts.
Open up your biscuits and press them out into more of a rectangle shape.
Place your dough in the air fryer, making sure to leave some space between each one, and spritz them with a vegetable oil spray.
Let them cook for five minutes or until golden brown.
How to make the maple glaze:
Get a small bowl and whisk together the following ingredients:
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Maple extract
If you would like a thinner glaze you can add more milk, one tablespoon at a time, to get your desired thickness.
Dunk the donut tops right in the glaze. Easy peasy!
After you apply the glaze to the donuts you need to let them sit for 5 minutes to allow the glaze to firm up.
Recommendations for your air fryer:
We use and love the OMORC air fryer. It’s dishwasher safe and has a large basket, so we can fit lots of food in at once. It cooks quickly and evenly and we’ve had it for a couple of years now.
Another thing of note is that you want to protect your air fryer. The spray cans of nonstick spray can damage your spray basket. Instead, you should put regular vegetable oil in a pump spray bottle when applying it inside your air fryer.
More recipes you might like:
- These air fryer Oreos are another favorite treat!
- We love these air fryer egg rolls. They turn out crispy and delicious!
- Another favorite is our air fryer hamburger!
- 1 package Grand’s refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Open the package of biscuits and press each biscuit out into a rectangle shape.
- Place biscuits in the air fryer basket in an even layer with space between each. Spritz each biscuit with oil spray.
- Air fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While donuts are cooking, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, maple syrup, maple extract, and salt. Add additional milk, one tablespoon at a time, to reach a thick glaze consistency.
- Remove the donuts from the air fryer and, once cool enough to handle, dunk the tops of the donuts into the glaze. Let donut set for 5 minutes for glaze to firm up before serving.
Avoid the flaky layers style biscuits for best results or the tops will fall off during glazing. If the top does fall off, just carefully place it on top of the biscuit. It still tastes great - just a bit messier.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.