AIR FRYER SPAGHETTI SQUASH gives results very similar to baking in the oven. But using the air fryer takes half the time and gives a texture that I believe is better when using the squash as a low carb pasta substitute!
We’re always trying to eat a bit healthier in our house and work on making substitutes for less healthy items (pasta) with more healthy items (spaghetti squash)!
I’m a huge fan of pasta and could eat it daily, so finding a good substitute for this was pretty important.
We’ve tried it all and spaghetti squash is my favorite! It doesn’t really taste like pasta – it has a sweet, earthy flavor to it. But it’s delicious with the same ingredients as pasta – tomato sauce, garlic butter, Alfredo sauce, etc. So, we use it as a pasta sub often!
Of course, spaghetti squash is perfect for what it is as well – a delicious, healthy vegetable that makes a tasty and simple side dish!
If you have never given spaghetti squash a try, wait no more. It is really good!
How to cook spaghetti squash in the air fryer:
- Cut your squash in half and scoop out the soft center and seeds with a spoon.
- Brush the inner sides, the flesh, with olive oil or avocado oil if you prefer.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the squash and place in your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. At this point is should easily pierce with a fork. If it’s not quite ready, cook in 3 minute intervals until it does pierce easily.
- Remove from your air fryer, scrape the strands of squash out with a fork, and place in a dish to be served as you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, in an air tight container. When you are ready to serve again, thaw for 1 hour at room temperature before using.
You want one that is yellow, without black blemishes and that is firm to the touch. Soft spots are not good on a spaghetti squash.
Before you cook it, and can last up to three months if stored in the fridge. It should be good for four weeks stored in your pantry.
How to serve your spaghetti squash:
Spaghetti squash is perfect with just a little melted butter stirred onto it. It can be a good side dish, or even a small lunch if you serve it this way.
Want something cheesy? Try this spaghetti squash casserole! It’s low carb AND family friendly!
Pour homemade Alfredo sauce over your spaghetti squash for a decadent dinner that the family will love.
More low carb air fryer recipes you might like:
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash about 3 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
- With a brush, brush the flesh with the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash face up in the air fryer.
- Turn the air fryer to 350 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes or until you can pierce it easily with a fork.
- Use a fork to scrape widthwise around the spaghetti squash to produce long strands of noodles.
- Serve immediately.