These crispy ASIAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS have all of those Asian flavors we love, including soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and honey. These were inspired by the Red Lobster Brussels sprouts.
I was in search of something to serve alongside our sausage egg rolls recently and was in the mood for some Brussels sprouts. We had recently gone to Red Lobster (my mother-in-law’s favorite restaurant) and their Brussels sprouts were outta this world good.
I used those flavors as the base for my recipe and, while this is NOT an exact copycat (I’ve only eaten the Red Lobster Brussels sprouts one time), I was so happy with how these turned out! Sweet, savory, full of flavor, and so crispy!
These make a great alternative to the usual rice as a side dish for just about any Asian inspired dish.
This recipe is a little sweet, a little salty, and very easy to make. You will be happy you tried these!
Brussels Sprouts – You’ll want to use fresh in this recipe.
Soy Sauce – Use low sodium soy sauce if you’re very sensitive to salt.
Honey – If you use a low carb liquid sweetener, you could make these low carb! Just add to taste.
Garlic – Use fresh minced garlic in a jar or mince your self. Try to avoid the dried garlic.
Fried Onions – The kind that go over the green bean casserole at Thanksgiving. 😉
How to make Asian Style Brussels Sprouts:
Prepare the Brussles sprouts – Trim the ends of the sprouts and cut the sprouts to keep them close to the same size. Just find a small sprout and cut any larger ones to a similar size.
Marinade them – Add your soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, honey, and oil to a bowl and stir to combine. Add in your sprouts and stir to coat. Let these sit on your counter for 15 minutes to marinade.
Cook the sprouts – Keep the sprouts in a single layer, trying to keep them from touching and cook for 12 minutes at 380 degrees F. Halfway through cooking, shake the basket a bit. When they are done cooking, remove them from the air fryer and sprinkle fried onions over the sprouts and serve!
More Asian inspired air fryer recipes you might like:
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup french fried onions
- Trim the woody ends off the Brussels sprouts and halve any of the larger sprouts so that they are all similar in size. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey, and oil to a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Drizzle the sauce over the Brussels sprouts and stir to coat. Let set for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the air fryer in a single layer. Cook for 12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking. Test Brussels sprouts for doneness (they should be tender) and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, if needed.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle the fried onions over the sprouts before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 725mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.