Our APPLE GALETTE RECIPE is a simple and tasty way to get your apple pie fix without turning on the oven! The air fryer does the job quickly and you’ll end up with a simple, sweet apple galette that’s prefect for Fall!
It’s that time of year when apples are bountiful and pies are just begging to be made.
Whether you’re an accomplished pie baker who can make a mean crust from scratch or you’re new to the kitchen and just trying your hand at baking, this apple galette is going to quickly become a family favorite.
We love that you don’t have to heat up the whole kitchen for this one by turning on the oven – it’s still hot here well into Fall! We’d rather enjoy our apple galette without sweating. 😉
Plus, this recipe starts with store bought pie dough to keep things simple and you won’t even need a special dish, becuase galettes are basically free form tarts.
We love the rustic look of the pastry and the apple filling is just delicious.
Pie Crust -You will need a 9-inch crust for this recipe. You can make your own from scratch if you want to put a little extra effort into it, but the store-bought will work out great for this recipe!
Apples– Granny Smith apples are my go-to apples for apple pie. You can also use honey crisp apples. Regardless of your choice, you should use 3 apples. You can get by with two apples, but it will be light. If you use three apples, you will have a bit extra. But the way I see it, that’s just an extra little treat for the work of making the galette!
How to make:
Prepare the apple filling– Peel your apples and discard the cores. Cut your apples into thin slices. Mix your slices in a medium bowl with lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Shape the galette– Put your dough on a piece of parchment or wax paper. Pile the apples in the center of the crust. Next spread them out as evenly as possible as you move them towards the edge of the dough.
Leave about an inch border on the dough with no apples on top of it. Fold one of the edges toward the center so that the part without apples is laying over the top of your filling. Repeat all the way around the galette.
While doing this, you need the galette to be slightly smaller than the size of your air fryer. So fold the crust in further if needed!
Air Fry– Cut the parchment paper around the edges of the galette so it is sized to your air fryer. Sprinkle the top of the galette evenly with your remaining brown sugar. Place it all into the air fryer basket. Be careful with this step as the galette is soft and will kind of sag. Cook at 360 degrees F for 16-20 minutes.
If you want a shiny surface, brush the edges with some whisked egg yolk or milk before baking.
You can use many other fruits and adapt this recipe to seasonal availability. It is amazing with plums in autumn or strawberries and rhubarb in spring.
Yes, no problem. I would recommend freezing single-serving pieces so you can just take a piece out of the freezer and reheat it in your air fryer.
It tastes best eaten fresh, slightly warm with some whipped cream or ice cream. But it stays good for up to 3 days kept airtight in your fridge.
More air fryer recipes you need to try:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Apple Galette
- 1 store bought pie crust about 9 inches
- 2-3 tart apples medium sized
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel, core, and cut your apples into thin slices.
- Mix the apples with lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and pile the apples in the crust leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Fold one edge towards the center, repeating the fold all the way around the crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining sugar.
- Cut the parchment paper around the edges of the galette so everything will fit into your air fryer. Carefully lift the galette and place it into the air fryer basket.
- Bake at 360°F for 16-20 minutes or until dough is golden brown and apples are soft.
- Remove from the air fryer and gently lift out using a large, flat spatula. Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.