Our AIR FRYER CRACK BREAD is a cheesy, garlic bread loaf that you pull apart as you eat. Once you start pulling the flavorful pieces apart, you just can’t stop! It’s addicting and so delicious!
Nothing beats a loaf of garlic bread, except may a loaf of cheesy pull apart garlic crack bread!
Seriously, guys…this stuff is so addicting – hence the name ‘crack bread!’
You’re going to love how easy this is to make – just cut some slits in a round loaf of bread, stuff with cheese, and drizzle with garlic butter! But everyone LOVES this recipe and no one can stop talking about it or eating it!
And of course, we went and made it in the air fryer, because obviously. 😉
Can’t wait for you to make this for your next holiday party or football game! It’s going to be a hit!
Loaf of bread – Our go-to for this recipe is to use a round loaf of sourdough bread. We try to get a loaf smaller than the air fryer basket so it fits in there nicely.
Cheese– We use a combo of mozzarella and Parmesan, but use your favorites!
Garlic Butter – This is just a mix of melted butter, minced garlic, onion powder, and parsley.
How to make pull apart bread in an air fryer:
Cut the bread– Use a bread knife to cut the bread. When cutting you want to cut around 1 inch thick slices, but don’t cut all the way through. Stop about 1″ up from the bottom. After cutting those slices, turn the bread 90 degrees and cut another row of forming a grid.
Load the bread – Press the cheese down into all of the cracks of the bread.
Place in the air fryer- Create a sling out of foil in your air fryer basket by laying two pieces of foil in an ‘x’ shape in the basket. Place the bread in the foil.
Make the garlic butter– In a small bowl add butter, garlic, parsley, onion powder, and microwave them together until the butter melts. Stir to combine and then drizzle over the bread. Be sure the butter gets between the slices of bread too.
Cook the bread- Wrap the ends of your foil over the bread. Add an extra piece on top to cover the bread completely, if needed. Cook at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Unwrap the top and cook for 5 more minutes and then it is ready to serve.
This is actually very easy to do with a serrated knife. Use one of those and keep the knife straight as you slice back and forth. You will have no problem cutting.
Sure! Just wrap in foil again before heating up. Heat the bread at 350 degrees until warm. It should take about 6 minutes.
Bacon makes everything better! Cook and crumble bacon and then press it in the cracks of the bread with the cheese.
More snack recipes:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Crack Bread
- 1 round loaf bread such as sourdough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the bread on a cutting board and use a bread knife to cut ½ inch slices in the bread, leaving the bread intact about 1 inch from the bottom of the loaf. Turn the bread 90 degrees and make ½ inch slices the other direction.
- Create an ‘x’ shape with 2 long pieces of foil to form a sling for the bread. Place the bread in the center of the ‘x’ and place into the basket of your air fryer.
- Press the cheese in between the pieces of bread.
- Add the butter, garlic, parsley, onion powder, and salt to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until the butter has melted. Stir well to combine
- Drizzle the garlic butter over the bread, making sure it gets down in between the slices of the bread.
- Wrap the ends of the foil over the bread to seal.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Unwrap the foil from around the bread and cook for 5 minutes more.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Comments & Reviews
Jeannette Denofa says
Can the crack bread be made in the oven?
Yep! I’d probably bake at 350, but I’m not sure how long it will take.
Perfectly crunchy outside, garlicy, cheesey, moist inside. The family loved it. Will make again & again. Excellent!!