This AIR FRYER FRIED RICE recipe is a fun recipe to make. You cook all the ingredients in a single air fryer basket to let all the flavors mesh. So good!
Fried rice is a favorite around our house. We serve it up with our air fryer egg rolls and it’s a dinner that the whole family absolutely loves1
But one day, as I was pulling my egg rolls out of the air fryer I thought…what if I cooked the RICE in the air fryer too?
So, we had fun experimenting and ended up with this air fryer fried rice.
It’s not really any easier or faster than traditional fried rice, but it’s delicious and fun to make and perfect if you don’t have a wok!
We often make chicken fried rice in our house, but we thought a bacon fried rice would be even tastier and quicker! Oh man…so good!
The bacon strips cook right in the air fryer, too!
Rice– You want to use cooked and cooled white rice when making fried rice.
Bacon– You could absolutely skip the bacon and stir in some cooked chicken or ham, if you prefer.
Peas and Carrots– Frozen peas and carrots are the way to go. It is super easy to add to your basket and cook alongside everything else and it adds the perfect pop of color and sweetness.
How to make fried rice:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Start the bacon- Cook all six bacon slices at 400 degrees F for six minutes in your air fryer basket. The bacon won’t be totally crispy yet, but it’s going to finish off with the rice. After six minutes remove from the air fryer, drain the grease out of the air fryer and chop the bacon into small pieces.
Stir the ingredients together – In a bowl with your white rice add the bacon pieces, onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and sriracha. Stir all this to combine it and then add it to a baking dish that will fit in your air fryer. We are using a 7-inch dish that came from our air fryer accessory kit.
Fry the rice- Transfer your baking dish to the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees for 6 minutes. Stir the contents and then pour beaten eggs over the top of the rice and cook for 4 minutes. Last stir again, then pour in your peas and carrots and cook for 3 more minutes.
Your rice is done!
Keep refrigerated in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
We often reheat our air fryer recipes in the air fryer, but I think it dries this one out too much. We recommend reheating in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Using freshly cooked rice will likely result in a mushy fried rice. Refrigerating the rice after cooling and allowing it to fully cool will give the grains a chance to firm up and cook properly when fried.
More recipes you might like:
- Homemade Orange Chicken
- Mongolian Beef Recipe
- Air Fryer Steak Kabobs
- Frozen Pizza in the Air Fryer
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Fried Rice
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice
- ½ sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Add the bacon slices to your air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. The bacon will not be fully cooked at this point, but remove from the air fryer basket and chop into small pieces. It will continue cooking with the rice. Drain the grease from the basket of the air fryer.
- Add the bacon to a bowl with the rice, onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and sriracha. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer the rice to a 7 inch round dish that will fit your air fryer basket (see notes).
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Stir well and pour the beaten eggs over the rice. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir to break up the eggs and then stir in the peas and carrots. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!