These bacon wrapped green beans in the air fryer are cooked to perfection in only 10 minutes! These sweet and savory green beans can be made low carb, too!
I grew up not liking green beans. I think there were a few reasons for that. The first is that my parents made me eat them all before I left the table.
This alone would have been enough for me to not like them anymore.
Additionally, I grew up eating canned green beans, plain. You may love that, but to me…gross!
I was a full-grown adult married for a couple of years before I had proper green beans. Green beans that were fresh, not canned, and served with BACON. Boom! Game changer!
Naturally, that has evolved to an even better version which is wrapping the beans in bacon and cooking them in the air fryer. This captures all the flavor of the bacon and green bean but gives a far superior texture, and crispness to the bacon you don’t get with other methods of cooking.
We top these air fryer bacon wrapped green beans with a sweet and savory sauce that just really makes all the flavors pop! These aren’t quite as simple as our other air fryer green beans recipe, but the little extra bit of effort is so worth it!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green beans- We prefer fresh green beans, though frozen will likely work as well. I do not recommend canned green beans as they won’t have the same texture coming out of the air fryer.
Bacon – Use a regular cut bacon for this recipe. If you use a thick cut that bacon won’t get crisp without burning the green beans a little bit.
Seasonings– We make these a little sweet and a little savory with some butter, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Green Beans:
- Wrap your beans– Wash and dry your green beans then snap the ends off. Get a bundle of several green beans and lay them on a strip of bacon. Roll the bacon around the green bean bundle and add it to your air fryer basket. Repeat this 6 times using all of your green beans in the process.
- Add the seasoning– Grap a small sauce pan and put it over medium heat. Melt your butter and add brown sugar and garlic powder and mix it together. Remove the butter from heat and brush it over the top of the bundles of green beans in your air fryer basket. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Air fry the bacon-wrapped green beans– Air fry for 10 minutes at 370 degrees F or for as long as it takes to get your beans tender and bacon as crisp as you personally like. We think 10 minutes is perfect!
Pro Tip: If you like extra crispy bacon, you can parcook the bacon in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes before wrapping the green beans! This will make for crisper bacon without overcooking the green beans.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
We don’t often use parchment paper in the air fryer and don’t find it necessary in this recipe. Spritz your basket with oil spray if you’re concerned about sticking.
You sure can! Swap the green beans for fresh asparagus and follow the recipe as directed.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Green Beans healthier:
As a true bacon lover, it pains me to say it, but you’ll probably want to use turkey bacon to cut down on fat in this recipe. 😉
We love the real stuff, but turkey bacon definitely has its place and it will work nicely in this recipe.
Low Carb Option:
If you’re looking for a sugar-free option to cut down on carbs, you can swap in your favorite brown sugar substitute in this recipe. We prefer either Lakanto or Swerve. Both taste and bake just like real sugar.
Karly’s Recipe Tips!
Fresh green beans are preferred, though frozen will likely work fine. We’ve never tested this with canned green beans, but I think they’d get mushy.
We use a standard cut of bacon in this recipe. Thick-cut bacon will not crisp up as well.
Other Popular Air Fryer Recipes with Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat air fryer to 370 degrees. Spritz the air fryer basket with non-stick spray.
- Wash and dry green beans and snap off the ends. Take 5-10 green beans and lay them on a strip of bacon. Roll the bacon up and around the green bean bundle and place it in the air fryer basket, seam side down. Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on the stove. Add the brown sugar and garlic powder and mix together until well combined.
- Remove from the heat and brush over the tops of the green bean bundles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Air fry at 370 degrees for 10 minutes or until bacon is as crisp as you’d like and beans are tender.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Comments & Reviews
Haven’t tried making it yet, I have question first: You mentioned ‘parcooking’ bacon to get extra crispy bacon without getting crispy green beans too. Would this be at same temp as cooking the recipe? Could I combine parcook the bacon when preheating the air fryer?
Yep, same temp on the bacon! You can add it while it preheats. Should only take about 2-3 minutes – you want the bacon to still be pliable so you can roll it around the green beans. 🙂