Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is an easy way to get veggies on the table – only takes 10 minutes in the air fryer and everyone loves the crispy bacon surrounding the asparagus!
It’s no surprise that air fryer bacon is a wildly popular recipe. Easy clean up, easy to cook, and ready in minutes!
And our air fryer asparagus is my personal go-to recipe for cooking up asparagus. Takes about 2 minutes of prep and less than 10 minutes to cook! Such an easy way to get veggies on the table.
But, hey, let’s combine the two and come up with something really special…bacon wrapped asparagus in the air fryer!
This recipe is so simple to make, the result is fabulous, and everyone knows you really can’t go wrong when bacon is involved. 😉
Bonus points – this recipe is low carb!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Asparagus – We need a pound of asparagus. Look for firm, fresh asparagus stalks.
Bacon – Regular-cut bacon is your friend here. Avoid the thick-cut stuff. Use any flavor bacon that you like.
Seasonings– Keep it simple with four common ingredients: Olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer:
- Prep the asparagus– Cut the woody ends off your asparagus. Dry with a paper towel and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle oil over your asparagus and then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss these together to coat your asparagus in the seasoning.
- Wrap the bacon around the asparagus– Separate your asparagus into six separate batches. There will be around 4-5 asparagus per batch. Wrap an entire piece of bacon around each bundle.
- Air fry- Place each bundle of asparagus in your air fryer. Be sure to leave space between them for air to flow so the bacon cooks evenly. Air fry for 10 minutes at 370 degrees F. If you want your bacon even crisper, cook it an extra minute or two.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
Blanching your asparagus before roasting it in the air fryer will help it keep that vibrant green color, but we skip this step in favor of the ease of just popping it in the air fryer as is. Blanching is unnecessary in our opinion.
If you are adding cook time to crisp up your bacon beyond the original recipe, it is easy to push it too far. In the air fryer, the key to crisp bacon is airflow. Take care not to put too much in your air fryer or let the bacon touch the edges of the air fryer to keep it as crisp as possible. This will allow the bacon to crisp without overcooking the asparagus.
If you want a little extra POP with this recipe, you can sprinkle a little bit of finely shredded parmesan on the bacon-wrapped asparagus just before serving. Be sure to do this while it is still hot for the best results!
Want a little sweetness? Use maple bacon or lightly brush your bacon with pure maple syrup before air frying.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 6 pieces bacon
- Rinse the asparagus and trim off the woody ends. Pat dry with a paper towel and place asparagus in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Separate the asparagus into 6 individual bundles, about 4-5 spears each depending on how large your asparagus are.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each bundle and place in your air fryer basket seam side down. Leave space between each bundle for air to flow. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 370 for 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and asparagus is cooked to your liking.