This next level Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese is loaded with garlic flavor and plenty of cheese, all sandwiched between crisp, buttery bread!
There are so many ways to make a grilled cheese sandwich in the air fryer.
Every one of them is a favorite of mine, from the pizza grilled cheese to the buffalo chicken grilled cheese! These sandwiches are just so simple to do in the air fryer.
This recipe here has a little twist. Instead of starting with fresh bread, we’re starting with frozen Texas toast garlic bread. This makes things so easy and so flavorful!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bread – We use frozen garlic Texas toast for the recipe, this should be easy to find at your grocer.
Cheese – We put two slices of mozzarella and a little shredded parmesan on each sandwich. This makes for a nice, melty middle.
Dipping Sauce– We love this sandwich dipped in a warm pizza sauce. Of course, ranch or Alfredo sauce makes a great dip too!
How to Make Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese in the Air Fryer:
- Garlic Bread – Add your two slices of frozen garlic bread to the air fryer basket and air fry for 3 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Cheese– Flip a piece of your partially cooked garlic bread over and add a slice of mozzarella to the top. Then sprinkle on your Parmesan before placing the second slice of mozzarella. Now place the second piece of bread back on the sandwich. We like the garlic flavoring on the outside of the sandwich. Air fry again for 3 more minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Sauce– Pour some pizza sauce into a dish and pop it in the microwave to warm it up. Dip your sandwich in the sauce.
You can use the cheesy frozen Texas toast also! Cook them initially with the cheese side up, then flip them so the cheese is on inside when you make the sandwich!
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
I feel like the mozzarella pairs much better with garlic bread. It would still be good with American or cheddar, you should feel free to explore with this recipe since it is so simple! Make it to your tastes!
Add some pepperoni, salami, or other thinly sliced deli meat to your sandwich to give it a boost of protein.
Karly’s Recipe Tips!
Add more cheese, more garlic, more anything you want to a recipe like this! When you get into easy, fast recipes, they are the best for experimenting. I have provided the base here, you should run with it!
Turn this into a garlic bread pizza sandwich by adding pepperoni and/or black olive slices!
More Grilled Cheese Recipes You Might Like:
- Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Pimento Grilled Cheese (This is a personal favorite!)
- Air Fryer Hot Ham and Cheese
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Arrange the garlic bread in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and flip one piece of garlic bread upside down. Top with a slice of mozzarella and sprinkle the Parmesan on top. Place the second slice of mozzarella over the Parmesan.
- Place the second piece of garlic bread on top of the cheese to form a sandwich.
- Return to the air fryer and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the air fryer and let sit for 1-2 minutes and then serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!