This ultra cheesy Bacon Grilled Cheese cooks in the air fryer! We love the combo of bacon, cheese, and buttery toasted bread. The perfect lunch and so simple!
I have been a lifelong fan of bacon, especially air fryer bacon. I have added bacon to a whole lot of recipes that wouldn’t traditionally use bacon and loved every second of it!
I am also a fan of grilled cheese, especially air fryer grilled cheese. I love how the sandwich is more toasty than a pan-fried grilled cheese.
To my surprise I never thought of marrying the bacon and grilled cheese together. This was recommended to me, and now I feel like I have been born again!
I have probably had this three times in the last week! I might be addicted. It is too easy and too delicious not to keep on the top of the recipe planning list!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon – This can be almost any bacon. I like just plain cured bacon or peppered bacon the best. I am not a fan of maple bacon for a recipe like this, but use it if you like.
Cheese– We use a combo of shredded cheddar and deli American cheese. This is a killer combo for any grilled cheese recipe!
Bread- Any sandwich bread you like is good. I am partial to white bread, but use whatever tickles your fancy.
Butter- Salted or unsalted butter will work here. Even margarine or mayo will work in a pinch.
How to Make Grilled Cheese with Bacon in an Air Fryer:
- Layer the Sandwich: Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Arrange two pieces of bread, butter side down, in the air fryer. Top each piece with 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of bacon (break the bacon to fit on the bread if needed), the shredded cheddar, and the remaining slice of cheese. Place remaining bread on the top with the buttered side up.
- Cook: Air fry for 8 minutes at 360 degrees F. Flip the sandwich halfway through cooking.
- Serve: Whether you like to slice your sandwich in half horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, go ahead and slice it up and serve!
I like to dip mine in ranch dressing. I usually eat waffle fries or potato chips with it also. So the ranch can do double duty!
We like to use American cheese for it’s meltability, but we also add in a bit of shredded cheddar for flavor. You can really add in any variety of cheese that you like, but those are our preferred cheeses for a classic grilled cheese.
More Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes:
- Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich
- Fish Sandwich in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
Bacon Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices deli-style American cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- Arrange slices of bacon in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Turn the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 8 minutes. Check the bacon and continue cooking in 1-2 minute increments to reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Remove bacon from the air fryer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Drain the grease from the air fryer basket and wipe with a paper towel.
- Spread the outsides of each piece of bread with butter.
- Arrange two pieces of bread, butter side down, in the air fryer. Top each piece with 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of bacon (break the bacon to fit on the bread if needed), the shredded cheddar, and the remaining slice of cheese. Place remaining bread on the top with the buttered side up.
- Air fry at 360 degrees for 4 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until bread is as golden brown as you’d like.