We have taken our air fryer biscuit bite game to the next level with these Buffalo chicken bombs! Great for an appetizer or a meal, you have to try this simple recipe – loaded with spicy chicken and cheese and ready to be dipped in ranch or blue cheese!
If you are into chowing down on some air fryer bites or bombs, whatever you want to call them, I got you!
We’re obsessed with these little snacks! We’ve already shared ham and cheese bites, pimento cheese bites, and pizza bites. Today we take the natural progression to one of the greatest American inventions of all time…Buffalo chicken!
These Buffalo chicken bombs can be customized to your heat tolerance – keep ’em mild or burn the place down. I could easily eat these for lunch, but they’re a pretty great snack too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken- You’ll want pre-c-cooked shredded chicken for this recipe. Use a rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or our air fryer whole chicken.
Sauce ingredients– Use your favorite brand of wing sauce. We like Frank’s. Along with this, you will need some shredded cheddar, sour cream, and cream cheese.
Biscuit– We use a single can of refrigerated biscuit dough for 16 of these buffalo chicken bites.
Grand’s Flaky Layers work best in this recipe as the biscuits are larger than most and are easier to stuff. They also peel apart nicely, making it easier to get 2 biscuits out of one.
Butter Sauce – We’ll brush the outside of the biscuit dough with a combo of melted butter and ranch seasoning.
Dipping sauces – Ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing are perfect for serving. Heck, serve with both if you want.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Bombs:
- Prep the chicken– Get a mixing bowl and stir together your chicken, wing sauce, cheddar, sour cream, and cream cheese.
- Fill the bites– Open your can of biscuits and separate them to get 16 thin pieces of biscuit dough. Place a spoonful of the chicken into each biscuit and fold the edges around to seal in the chicken. Now you roll it into a ball in your hands.
- Butter the bites– Place your biscuit bites in an air fryer with space between them for air flow. Stir together melted butter and ranch seasoning and brush this over the top of your biscuits in the air fryer. Air fry for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
Keep them in an air tight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat these Buffalo Chicken Bombs in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes.
These go great with carrots, celery, and a ranch or blue cheese for dipping!
You’ll likely need to work in batches unless you have a huge air fryer. Keep in mind that the second batch will cook a bit faster than the first as the air fryer will be hot.
To make these extra spicy, use a hot wing sauce. You can also stir in some cayenne pepper.
Canned chicken works well in a pinch, but it is a bit salty and so is the wing sauce. Look for a low sodium canned chicken for the best results.
More recipes you might like:
Buffalo Chicken Bombs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup wing sauce
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough 8 count
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons ranch seasoning
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
- Add the chicken, wing sauce, cheddar, cream cheese, and sour cream to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Open the can of biscuits and separate each biscuit in half to form 16 thin pieces of biscuit dough.
- Drop a spoonful of the chicken mixture into the center of each biscuit and fold up the edges around the chicken, sealing the edges and rolling into a ball.
- Place the biscuit bites into an air fryer basket leaving space for air to flow between each one.
- Stir together the melted butter and ranch seasoning and brush over the biscuit dough.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.