We recreated the Taco Bell Mexican pizza at home! Our Air Fryer Mexican Pizza is quick and easy to make at home – no trip to the drive-thru necessary!
Alright, I *think* the Mexican Pizza is back at Taco Bell for good this time, but we’re still bringing you our air fryer version. Partially because Taco Bell likes to torture us all by taking away the favorite menu items and partially because our air fryer Mexican pizza is healthier, tastier, fresher, and just as easy as hitting up the drive-thru.
If you’ve never tried Taco Bell’s version, well…it’s a fan favorite for a reason. The crispy fried flour tortillas, the seasoned beans and beef, all the cheeeeeeese…yum! We did our best to recreate it at home with the air fryer and I’m so happy with the results!
We’re big pizza fans around here, regularly making frozen pizza in the air fryer, but we also love tacos and our air fryer tacos are one of our top recipes! This combines the two fan favorites perfectly.
We’ve also shared our crunchwrap supreme recipe, if you really love Taco Bell! Any other favorites we should recreate for you?
Tortillas – You’ll need 2 8-inch flour tortillas per pizza.
Base- The bottom tortilla will be topped with seasoned beef and refried beans.
Toppings – The top tortilla is topped off with taco sauce and Mexican blend shredded cheese. After that, feel free to add your favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, black olives, sliced jalapenos, etc.
How to Make Mexican Pizza in an Air Fryer:
- Beans – Spread your refried beans onto a tortilla. We use canned beans, but if you have homemade, that’ll be even tastier.
- Beef – Pile on the seasoned taco meat. This is perfect to make when you have leftover taco meat in the house!
- Sauce – Add a second tortilla over the beef and spread it with taco sauce. We obviously prefer Taco Bell brand for the most authentic flavor.
- Cheese – Sprinkle on your Mexican blend cheese.
- Air fry the pizza – Air fry at 380 degrees F for 8 minutes. The cheese will be melted at this point. From here you add any additional toppings you wish and remove the pizza from your air fryer basket.
- Serve – Slice into 4 pieces and serve!
Want your tortillas extra crispy? Add the beans, beef, and second tortilla to the air fryer and fry for 4 minutes before topping with the taco sauce and cheese. Continue air frying for another 4 seconds. Your top tortilla will be crisper this way!
Top your Mexican pizza with a drizzle of Cholula or slices of jalapeno.
Seasoned ground beef is the traditional choice, but you can use any type of meat that you like. Ground chicken seasoned with taco seasoning is also delicious!
Have fun customizing your pizza! Try these toppings:
- Sour cream
- Sliced Jalapeno
- Black Olives
- Green Onion
Air Fryer Mexican Pizza
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- ¼ cup refried beans warmed
- ½ cup leftover taco meat warmed
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- Lay one tortilla in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Spread with the refried beans. Spoon the taco meat over the top.
- Lay the second tortilla over the taco meat and spread with the taco sauce. Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Air fry at 380 degrees for 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted and tortillas are as crisp as you'd like.
- Sprinkle the top of the pizza with diced tomatoes and carefully remove from the air fryer basket with a large spatula.
- Slice into 4 pieces and serve.