Frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer take just 15 minutes from freezer to bun! We love the simplicity and convenience of this recipe!
It seems like everyone loves using their air fryer to cook frozen convenience foods. For good reason, too! Frozen foods are far better in the air fryer than other methods of heating up foods.
We’re huge fans of freezer favorites around here! We love frozen meatballs in the air fryer, frozen egg rolls in the air fryer, and now we’re making frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer. Easiest dinner yet!
For frozen turkey burgers the patties are preseasoned patties that just need some cheese and topping, and are ready to go “down the hatch.”
We have made air fryer turkey burgers before, if you prefer the fresh variety, they take just a little more work. They are worth every second though!
Turkey patties – The turkey burgers we’ve found frozen are all ⅓ pound each. For smaller burgers, decrease cook time accordingly. For larger burgers, increase cook time.
Cheese – We use American on most burgers, but you can certainly use whatever you like!
Buns- You can use your favorite buns for these burgers. We toast them before serving for the best results.
Toppings- We like to load these up with ketchup, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onion. Below I have some toppings that will take this patty and make it taste way different! Keep reading!
How to Make Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer:
Air fry the burgers – Mist your air fryer basket with oil spray. Then arrange your burgers in a single layer. Air fry for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. Check that the internal temp of the burger is 165 degrees F or higher. Cook longer if necessary. It won’t be necessary to flip the burger, they should cook evenly without the flip.
After the turkey burger is done cooking, add cheese to the patty in your air fryer basket and close the basket for 1 more minute with the air fryer turned off. This will melt the cheese wonderfully!
While both types of meat have nutritional value, the turkey burger is lower in saturated fat and as a result, it is generally considered to be healthier than the beef variety.
We think so! Make sure to cook your burgers to 165 degrees – overcooking them will lead to dry burgers and that’s never tasty.
Greek style – Use Feta cheese, tzatziki sauce, and red peppers.
American style – Add bacon, ketchup, mayo, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
Barbecue style- Add some barbecue sauce and onion rings to the top of the burger. This is good with cheddar cheese or American cheese.
Just trust me style – Mix together equal parts honey mustard and BBQ sauce and add it to the burger with your favorite cheese. This is also good with lettuce and tomato on it.
No matter how you top it, your air fryer turkey burger is going to turn out delicious!
More Air Fryer Sandwich Recipes:
- Frozen Burgers in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sliders
- Grilled Cheese in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteaks
- Frozen Chicken Patty Sandwich in the Air Fryer
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Frozen Turkey Burgers in the Air Fryer
- 4 frozen turkey burger patties ⅓ pound each
- 4 slices cheese such as American, cheddar, swiss
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Burger toppings as desired
- Spritz the air fryer basket with oil spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
- Arrange the frozen turkey burgers in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- When the burgers are almost done cooking, spread the buns with butter and toast on a skillet until golden brown.
- Top the burgers with sliced cheese, if desired, and return the basket to the air fryer with the air fryer turned off. Let sit for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve burgers on buns topped with your choice of toppings.