Our Air Fryer Pimento Grilled Cheese is extra cheesy, so creamy, and loaded with our favorite homemade pimento cheese. This is the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich and it’s easy to make in the air fryer!
Several weeks back I was making some pimento cheese bites and found myself quite addicted to the rich melty cheese filling.
Nothing beats homemade pimento cheese, in my opinion. It’s creamy and flavorful, perfect for spreading on crackers or to make a sandwich.
It’s creamy and delicious cold, but a grilled pimento cheese sandwich is next level amazing! The filling gets warm and gooey, the bread is crisp and buttery. It’s just hard to resist!
We went the air fryer route, because we’re obsessed. You could certainly make these on the stove too, but why would you? The air fryer makes it a breeze!
Bread – We like white bread in our house, but you can certainly use wheat bread or any thin sliced sandwich bread.
Butter – Highly recommend salted butter to give the bread a little flavor.
Pimento Cheese – Our homemade version is seriously so good, but you can use the store bought stuff if you must. Store bought does tend to have a more processed taste though, so we highly recommend you try our recipe!
Like it spicy? Add chopped jalapenos or use pepperjack cheese in our homemade pimento cheese recipe! Adds the perfect kick!
How to Make Pimento Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer:
- Assemble the sandwich- Start by buttering one side of each of your bread slices. Next, divide the pimento cheese evenly between the bread to form a sandwich, leaving the buttered sides of the bread facing out.
- Air fry the sandwich– Air fry for 8 minutes at 360 degrees F. You will need to flip the sandwich halfway through cooking.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
We love to serve our grilled cheese sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup or chili. This also goes great with our air fryer waffle fries!
Add our air fryer bacon to the sandwich before cooking, if you like!
Dip your grilled cheese in a combo of ranch and hot sauce for a spicy ranch kick!
We like somewhere between ¼ and ⅓ cup of pimento cheese per sandwich, but you can make it as cheesy as you like. If you use too much cheese, it is more likely to melt out of the sandwich during cooking.
Using our homemade pimento cheese will give you the tastiest sandwich, but you can use store bought if that’s all you have.
Air Fryer Pimento Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ – ¾ cup pimento cheese
- Spread the outsides of each piece of bread with butter.
- Divide the pimento cheese evenly between the bread to form a sandwich, leaving the buttered sides of the bread facing out.
- Air fry at 360 degrees for 4 minutes, flip, and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes or until bread is as golden brown as you’d like.
- Serve hot.