Air fryer Cuban egg rolls are filled with pulled pork, ham, cheese, pickles, and mustard! These egg rolls are such a fun and tasty twist on the classic!
I hope you guys understand how revolutionary the air fryer has been for me and my life. I have made so many recipes I would have never made in the oven or in a deep fryer.
One of my many explorations has surrounded egg roll wrappers and finding all kinds of goodies I can stuff inside them. This is the twelfth egg roll recipe I have shared with you on top of all the ones I have made that I haven’t shared!
From Apple pie egg rolls to taco egg rolls, we’ve basically done it all at this point. I do think though, that these Cuban egg rolls are my new fave! They were still easy to make and of course, the air fryer handled the egg roll frying magnificently.
Of course, we’ve even kept it simple with frozen egg rolls in the air fryer!
These make a fun dinner or the perfect snack to serve at the next game or family party!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Meat – We need a cup of pulled pork, which doesn’t take much. Additionally, you need just a couple of slices of deli ham.
Save time by purchasing precooked pulled pork that you can just heat up a little in the microwave before adding to this recipe. Or better yet, just use leftovers from a previous pulled pork dinner!
Cheese – Swiss cheese is the way to go here. We bought shredded swiss but you can grate your own or use strips of sliced cheese.
Condiments/fillings – Diced dill pickles and dijon mustard or yellow mustard are the final ingredients to this great-tasting egg roll!
How to Make Cuban Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer:
- Make the filling– Dice your deli ham into small pieces and add to a bowl with the pulled pork, swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard. Stir these all together.
- Fill and fold your egg roll wrappers– Spoon approx. 3 tablespoons into each egg roll wrapper. Fold up the bottom and then each side of the wrapper and roll them up tightly. Before making the last roll dip your finger in water and brush it on the corner. As you finish the wrap press the corner down to seal the egg rolls.
- Air fry the egg rolls– Spritz each side of your egg rolls, and the air fryer basket, with oil spray. Add your egg rolls to your air fryer basket without letting them touch each other. Air fry at 390 degrees F for 7 minutes. Flip after 4 minutes.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
Sure, feel free to get creative, just be careful not to overfill the egg roll wrapper.
Use an air fryer and heat at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, until crisp.
There are a bunch of ways to make this recipe easier buy purchasing already prepared items. That’s what I did (store bought pulled pork and deli ham!) and in 10 minutes I had every egg roll wrapped and ready for the air fryer.
I had to cook in batches, and you likely will too! 10 egg rolls is a lot to fit in any air fryer basket, but since each batch cooks quickly, it’s no problem. You can keep batches warm in a low oven or reheat them altogether in the air fryer for 1 minute before serving.
Air Fryer Cuban Egg Rolls
- 1 cup pulled pork
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- ¼ cup diced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 slices deli ham
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Add the pulled pork, swiss, pickles, and mustard to a small bowl.
- Dice the deli sliced ham into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Stir the mixture to combine and spoon evenly between the egg roll wrappers, about 3-4 tablespoons per wrap.
- Fold the bottom of the egg roll up over the filling. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg rolls closed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Lightly spritz the egg rolls on each side with oil spray. Spritz the air fryer basket with oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in the air fryer basket in an even layer leaving space for air to flow between each egg roll. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown on the outside, flipping halfway through cooking.