We filled these air fryer breakfast bites with bacon, egg, and cheese and brushed the biscuits with maple butter! These are a tasty breakfast option that the whole family loves!
We’re big fans of using refrigerated cans of biscuit dough to create new recipes in the air fryer! This time around we’re making breakfast bites (or breakfast bombs, if you think that’s a more fun name), but we’ve shared all kinds of ideas here already!
These little snacks are super versatile. You can fill a biscuit bite with just about anything and it will cook perfectly in your air fryer.
These bites are filled with everything you need for a filling breakfast (bacon, egg, and cheese – but you could skip the bacon and use our air fryer sausage links and just chop them up!) and are lightly brushed with maple butter to enhance the entire experience! Try these out, I am certain you will love them!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon – We need any bacon of your choosing for this. Six slices is what we used for ours, you can adjust this a little if you like.
Eggs – Four eggs is plenty to go with an entire can of biscuits.
Other fillings– Milk, salt, and some shredded cheddar make this a traditional egg breakfast filling. But we will also add diced green chiles for some pop! We use cans of diced green chiles, fresh work also if you want to dice them.
The wrap- We used a can of flaky layers biscuit dough. Some butter and a little maple syrup are used as well.
How to Make Breakfast Bites in an Air Fryer:
- Cook the bacon– Start by cooking your bacon for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Wipe out the bacon grease from the air fryer. Crumble the bacon to use in the biscuit bites.
- Cook the eggs– While the bacon is cooking, you can whisk together the eggs and milk then scramble them in a greased skillet over low heat. You want the eggs to set, but don’t over cook them as there is more cooking to do in the air fryer. Season them with salt to taste when they are done cooking and add in your crumbled bacon and green chiles.
- Wrap the bites– Open your package of biscuit dough and peel each of the biscuits in half. You will have 16 pieces of dough when you are done. Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the center of each piece. Fold the edges of the biscuit into the center and roll it into a ball. Check that the biscuit stays sealed to avoid leaks during cooking.
- Air fry the breakfast bites– Melt your butter and stir it together with the maple syrup. Place your bites evenly spaced out in your air fryer basket, then brush with the maple butter. Air fry for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
You can store them in an air tight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Use your air fryer to reheat these. It will take about 3-4 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Using freshly shredded cheese makes for the ultimate gooey, melty experience. Pre-shredded cheese has starch coating it to keep it from clumping, but it also inhibits a nice, smooth melt.
Sub the bacon with any cooked meat you choose! Just do your best to keep the pieces of meat very small by dicing, crumbling, or otherwise breaking it up.
Not a fan of sweet maple syrup with your eggs? You can skip it and just brush these bites with butter instead.
Air Fryer Breakfast Bites
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons diced green chiles from a can
- 1 can refrigerated flaky layers biscuit dough 8 count
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add the bacon to the basket of your air fryer and air fry for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove the bacon from the air fryer and crumble. Drain any bacon grease and wipe out the air fryer basket.
- While the bacon is cooking, whisk together the eggs and milk and then scramble in a greased skillet over low heat until eggs are set, but not overdone. The eggs will continue cooking in the air fryer, so don’t overcook them in the skillet. Season with salt.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and stir in the crumbled bacon, cheddar, and diced green chiles.
- Open the package of biscuit dough and peel each biscuit in half to form 16 pieces of dough.
- Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the center of each piece of biscuit.
- Fold up the edges of the biscuit around the edges and roll into a ball. Be sure to seal the dough so nothing leaks out during cooking.
- Stir together the melted butter and maple syrup to combine.
- Arrange the biscuit bombs in an even layer in the air fryer basket leaving a bit of space between each one for air to flow. You’ll likely need to work in batches.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with the maple butter.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot.