Our AIR FRYER BREAKFAST POTATOES are perfectly seasoned tender bites of potato that are perfect next to a pile of scrambled eggs and bacon. These breakfast potatoes are so quick and simple thanks to the air fryer.
Every hearty breakfast includes a good breakfast potato. Every lunch and every dinner too for that matter.
A breakfast potato can be a pain to cook in the skillet because the potatoes stick to your skillet and make it difficult to clean. If you deep fry them, and who does that for breakfast, then you have a bunch of grease to discard. Not to mention all the splatter you have to clean up also!
However, if you use the air fryer, you have none of this. No heating up the grease, no sticky skillet, just a great easy breakfast!
Breakfast potato seasoning:
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Selecting the seasoning is important to all potatoes, and many people have different preferences of course.
There are some foundation seasonings though that are prominent to give it a familiar breakfast flavor.
The most common, and the ones used in this recipe, are garlic, onion, and paprika. Then salt and pepper to taste. They are easily adjusted to your palate, and always in the kitchen.
A trick for “seasoning” your potatoes is to cook them in the bacon grease. You may think this to be difficult if you use an air fryer but it is not! You can use the grease after you cook your bacon fresh, or you can use store bought bacon grease. Both will give your potatoes an enhanced flavor and pair them with the rest of your breakfast.
Of course, any type of oil will work just fine, so no worries if bacon grease isn’t your thing.
How to make breakfast potatoes in an air fryer:
- Scrub your potatoes clean and dice them into one-inch cubes. Put them in a mixing bowl and drizzle with vegetable oil or bacon grease.
- Add all of your seasonings to the bowl and toss to coat the potatoes.
- Place your potatoes in your air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. You will want to shake the basket every 5 minutes to keep the potatoes from sticking and to help them cook evenly.
- Serve hot and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
More air fryer potato recipes:
- Air fried potato wedges
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- Buffalo ranch potatoes
- Greek roasted potatoes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and dice into 1-inch cubes.
- Add potatoes to a mixing bowl and drizzle with the oil.
- Sprinkle on the seasonings and toss to coat.
- Place potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the basket 2-3 times during cooking.
- Remove from the air fryer and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Feel free to substitute the oil for bacon grease if you have it readily available.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.