Air fryer bagel chips are beyond simple and make a great homemade snack! You can use any variety of bagel and add loads of different seasonings for the ultimate bagel chips!
The air fryer is the BEST tool for snacks. On top of that, one of the best air fryer snacks is air fryer chips!
You don’t have to be limited by potato chips though. You can get creative!
You can go the sweet route and make apple chips or you can go the other way and make these kale chips!
Of course, we also have the option of buffalo ranch pasta chips or air fryer tortilla chips!
This time around we are making our beloved bagel chips in the air fryer. You can find me munching on these all day long, especially if I have a yummy dip for them! But, they’re also good mixed into our air fryer chex mix!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bagel – You’ll want an unsliced bagel – these can often be found in the bakery section of a grocery store or picked up from, your favorite bagel shop. Use any variety bagel you like – Everything Bagels are always tasty, but we usually use plain.
Seasonings – You will need melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. If you’re using a flavored bagel, you may want to adjust the seasonings accordingly.
How to Make Bagel Chips in an Air Fryer:
- Slice your bagels– Cut your bagel in half from the top down. This should give you two half moon or “C-shaped” pieces of bagel. From here, slice the ends into pieces as thin as you can, around 1/8″ slices. If it is a little thicker it is fine, but do try and make it thin.
Using a serrated bread knife will work best for cutting the bagels without squishing them.
- Season your bagel chips– Add your bagel slices to a bowl. Add in your melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a separate small bowl and stir all this to combine. Then pour your butter mix over the bagel slices and stir to coat.
- Air fry the bagel chips- Air fry your seasoned chips at 300 degrees F for 8 minutes. Halfway through cooking, shake the basket for even cooking.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
We go for seasoned cream cheese for our dips. Sometimes we warm it up a little to soften it a little bit more.
Keep them in an air tight container and store at room temp for up to 4 days.
You can use any variety of bagel you like and adjust seasonings accordingly. Everything Bagels are always a hit, as are Asiago bagels.
For sweet bagels, be sure to skip the savory seasonings and serve them with a sweet cream cheese. Blueberry bagel chips are fun with strawberry cream cheese!
While these are great with any type of dip (ranch dip, queso, beer cheese dip, etc.), we usually keep it simple with a store bought veggie cream cheese or other variety of flavored cream cheese.
- Asiago Bagel with Veggie Cream Cheese
- Blueberry Bagel with Strawberry Cream Cheese
- Everything Bagel with Plain Cream Cheese
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- Garlic Bagel with Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- Cinnamon Swirl Bagel with Honey Pecan Cream Cheese
More recipes you might like:
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Fried Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
Air Fryer Bagel Chips
- 1 plain unsliced bagel
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Slice the bagel in half from top to bottom to form two half moon shaped bagels. Cut the bagels into thin ⅛ inch rounds to form the chips.
- Add the bagel slices to a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the butter over the bagel chips and stir to coat.
- Arrange the bagel chips in an even layer, making sure they aren’t overlapping too much, in the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 300 degrees for 7-9 minutes, shaking gently halfway through cooking, or until bagels are as toasted as you’d like.
- Cool before serving. Store in an airtight bag for up to 7 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!