Our Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos recipe is made from scratch, filled with a cheesy chicken mixture, and cooks in just 10 minutes to crispy perfection!
There are so many great things about taquitos. I don’t care if you are eating fresh homemade taquitos or even warming up some frozen taquitos, they are all great!
Our recipe for homemade taquitos that we’ve already shared is made with beef, but today I was in a chicken mood.
We started this air fryer chicken taquitos recipe with cooked, shredded chicken, plenty of cheese, salsa, and a few seasonings! So simple, but gosh these are good.
Be sure to serve these up with a variety of dips, like cheese sauce, salsa, guacamole, or sour cream!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tortillas – For taquitos, you need to use corn tortillas, not flour tortillas. Flour tortillas would turn these into flautas, which are also tasty!
Chicken– You need precooked, shredded chicken. We like to use leftover air fryer whole chicken here. It’s like a rotisserie chicken and so tasty!
Dairy – Cheddar, Monterey jack, sour cream, and cream cheese are all added here.
Seasoning – Salsa, taco seasoning, and lime juice add big flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos:
Chicken & Cheese – Grab a medium bowl and add your chicken and cheese to it. Stir those to combine.
Sauce – Add cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, and lime juice to a second small bowl now and stir again to combine. Pour your cream cheese over the chicken and stir to combine and complete the filling.
Fill the Taquitos– Wrap your entire stack of tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 20 seconds. This will make your corn tortilla soft and pliable. Spoon three tablespoons of filling into the bottom third of each tortilla and roll it up tightly. Brush or spritz the outside of the taquitos with olive oil.
Air fry the tortillas– Place your taquitos in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Try to keep them from touching each other or the sides of your basket. Work in batches if needed. Air fry for 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees F. You will need to flip them halfway through cooking.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
You can place them in an air-tight container or freezer bag and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you need to store leftovers longer than that, it is best to freeze them.
Use your air fryer to reheat your leftovers. Reheat at 350 degrees until warm. This should take around 5 minutes.
Be sure to warm your tortillas in a damp paper towel in the microwave before filling. This will help keep the tortillas from cracking and splitting as you roll them.
You may use flour tortillas isntead of corn tortillas, but then you’ve made flautas instead of taquitos.
Won’t eat a full batch? Cook them up, freeze them in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months, and reheat in the air fryer.
- Sour Cream
- Refried Bean Dip
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos Recipe
For the taquitos:
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 15-20 corn tortillas
- Olive oil for brushing on the taquitos
For serving (optional):
- Queso dip
- Add the chicken and cheese to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cream cheese, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, and lime juice to a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chicken and stir to combine to make the filling.
- Wrap the stack of tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds to make the tortillas soft and pliable.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling into the bottom third of each tortilla and tightly roll up the tortilla.
- Brush the outsides of the tortillas with olive oil.
- Arrange the taquitos in a single layer in the air fryer, leaving room between each for air to flow. You will likely need to work in batches.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, or until browned and crispy.
- Serve with choice of dips.