These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are perfect for a busy night! The crispy breading and moist chicken is so versatile and always a family favorite!
Chicken cutlets are a great savory dish that is super easy to cook right every time! We love how they are all the same thickness for absolutely perfect , even cooking.
We’re using chicken breasts here – the’re low in fat, loaded with protein, and alway a hit with my family!
We usually serve these air fryer chicken cutlets for dinner, but you can also make them for lunch since they only take about 10 minutes to whip up. Love a quick and easy recipe like this.
Whatever time you serve them, you will love how easy it is to customize your meal with different dipping sauces, sides, and more! You could even turn these into a crispy chicken sandwich, if you like!
Serve these with our air fryer baked potato or some air fried green beans for a tasty dinner.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken – We need thin sliced chicken breasts. You can purchase these at your grocer or pick up regular boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half lengthwise and then pound them out to an even thickness.
Breading – You will need eggs, Italian bread crumbs, Panko, salt, and pepper. We use a combination of regular bread crumbs and panko bread crumbs to create the best texture on the breading.
Getting evenly thick pieces of chicken breast is easy! Place a chicken cutlet on a cutting board and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet until it’s a uniform thickness. This allows for even cooking time and helps you get the chicken nice and thin, a must for these air fryer chicken cutlets!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets:
- Eggs – Grab two shallow dishes and whisk your eggs together in one and the bread crumbs and seasoning in another. Dredge the chicken first in the egg mixture.
- Breading – Place your chicken in your bread crumbs and press them into on both sides to fully coat the chicken.
- Air fry – Spritz your air fryer basket and chicken cutlets with oil spray and arrange the chicken in a single layer in the basket. Leave space around each of the pieces of chicken to the best cooking results, cooking in batches if needed. Air fry for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F and flip halfway through cooking.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
Chicken cutlets are just boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been cut thinner by slicing them in half horizontally then pounding them to an even thickness.
Keep your leftover cutlets in an air-tight container in your fridge for up to 4 days. When you need to reheat them, throw them back into your air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
We’re using a combination of traditional bread crumbs and panko to create a more crisp texture. You can skip the panko if you don’t have it on hand or prefer the texture of traditional bread crumbs.
These crispy chicken cutlets are always a hit with my family. Kids love the crispy texture, adults love how moist and flavorful the chicken is, and these go great with just about any side dish!
If you’d like a dip on the side, try barbecue sauce, honey mustard, or ranch dressing to add a little pizazz to your plate!
These are perfectly sliced into strips and served over a green salad or piled on top of some pasta.
We most often serve these with a side of veggies and a green salad for a quick dinner that’s ready in about 15 minutes!
More recipes you might like:
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Lemon Garlic Chicken
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- 1 ½ pounds thin-sliced chicken breasts see notes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Whisk together the eggs until smooth in a shallow dish.
- Add the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to a second shallow dish.
- Dredge the chicken pieces first in the eggs and then in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Spritz your air fryer basket with oil spray and arrange the chicken in a single layer in the basket, leaving a bit of space between each piece for air to flow. You may need to work in batches.
- Spritz the chicken liberally with oil spray and air fry at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and spray again with oil spray. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, if needed. Rewarm chicken in air fryer for 2-3 minutes, as needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Comments & Reviews
I was looking for sauces
Couldn’t find any
We like to serve these with bbq, ranch, or honey mustard. Any kind of dipping sauce is yummy. 🙂