This air fryer recipe for Greek Chicken Pitas turns out juicy, flavorful chicken that we serve up in a pita with crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, and creamy crumbled feta cheese. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and that chicken marinade is one you’ll want to use again and again!
I have fallen so in love with Greek flavors, and Mediterranean flavors in general. I don’t know why it took me so long to really start trying Mediterranean food, but I am officially hooked at this point! So many fresh, vibrant flavors!
This Greek chicken in a pita is a major favorite in my house and quite easy to whip up. We will give the chicken a short marinade, air fry it till browned on the outside and moist inside, and then put it all in a wonderful pita.
The marinade is simple to throw together and is bright and lemony, with loads of garlic, basically all the good things you want in a chicken marinade. The pitas are soft and fluffy, and the crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes and perfect. And of course, there’s crumbled feta cheese in there!
We love using our homemade tzatziki sauce in this recipe, but store-bought works in a pinch.
Serve these up with a side of air fryer frozen french fries and you’ve got a tasty meal!
If you’re also loving Greek flavors, try our Greek chicken wings. They are gooooood!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken– We prefer boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but thighs or tenderloins would also work well in this recipe.
Marinade We’re using olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, garlic, and Dijon in our marinade. This will give you big, bright flavors. We use and love Cavender’s Greek Seasoning in all of our Greek recipes. If you’d prefer to make your own, try this homemade Greek seasoning recipe.
Pita bread- We’re using the Greek style of pita that’s soft and a little thick. It doesn’t have a pocket and works more like a tortilla, where you fill and fold the bread. Pocket pita bread will also work, but that’s not the traditional Greek pita.
Tzatziki sauce- I almost always make my own homemade Tzatziki sauce recipe, but store bought works in a pinch. The Great Value one from Walmart is actually pretty tasty.
Toppings- We’re adding lettuce, tomato, and feta to our pitas as well.
How to Make Greek Chicken Pitas in the Air Fryer:
Marinate the chicken– Chop your chicken into one-inch cubes and add to a bowl or ziplock bag. Then, add all your remaining ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the marinade over the chicken and stir to coat the chicken. Cover, refrigerate, and let it marinate for 4 hours in the fridge.
Cook the chicken– Drain out your marinade and lightly pat the chicken to remove excess moisture. Place the chicken in your air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F. Shake the basket halfway through cooking.
Serve the chicken- Take your pita bread and spread tzatziki sauce on half of the bread. Then top it with lettuce, tomato, feta, and finally the chicken. Fold and serve like a taco.
We love to serve these Greek chicken pitas with a pile of French fries or a small side salad.
Reheat any leftover chicken in the air fryer at 350 for 3-4 minutes or until nice and warm.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
Greek Chicken in a Pita
For the chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 pita breads
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes sliced
- Feta cheese
To make the chicken:
- Chop the chicken breasts into small cubes, about 1 inch each. Place in a large bowl or zip top bag.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken and lightly pat the chicken with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Place chicken in an air fryer basket and air fry at 390 degrees for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking. Chicken should reach 165 degrees internally, continue cooking in 1 minute intervals until chicken is cooked through.
- Spread tzatziki over half of the bread, top with lettuce, tomato, feta, and chicken. Fold pita bread up to hold in the filling and serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!