These Greek Chicken Wings are cooked in the air fryer, coated in a bright and zesty sauce sauce made with lemon juice and Greek seasoning, and then served with tzatziki for dipping!
We like to have wing parties. In fact, we love them. We get about 4-6 different chicken wing recipes such as maybe garlic parmsesan wings, air fryer frozen chicken wings, or lemon pepper wings. For our vegetarian friends, we will toss some air fryer buffalo cauliflower in there.
Then we get a big bunch of dips, some good drinks, and we spend an afternoon with friends and family. This is fun just for the sake of fun, or you can do this while watching the game! Everyone goes nuts for wings!
You’d expect the classic buffalo wings to be the first to go, but that’s not the case when these Greek Chicken Wings are on the table! These are bright and fresh flavored with a bold, zesty sauce made of lemon juice, olive oil, and our favorite Greek seasoning.
The wings are crispy, the sauce makes you do that happy food dance where you close your eyes, purse your lips, and wiggle your hips with each bite, and the tzatziki makes the perfect dip to finish things off!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Wings– We’re using chicken wing sections, straight from the freezer. Do not thaw.
Wing Sauce- Lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, paprika, and our favorite Greek seasoning.
Tzatziki Sauce– Buy this in the deli at your local store or make your own!
How to Make Greek Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer:
Make the wings- Spritz your air fryer with oil or brush oil onto your air fryer basket. Arrange the wings so that they don’t touch and spritz them with oil also. Air fry for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F and flip halfway through cooking.
Make the sauce- Mince the garlic and sprinkle kosher salt over the top. Use a knife to press the garlic cloves into a paste using the broad side of the knife. Alternately, use a garlic press to press the garlic. Add the garlic to a bowl with the lemon juice olive oil, Greek seasoning, and paprika. Stir, taste, and add additional Greek seasoning, if needed.
Assemble the wings- Add the cooked wings to a large bowl and toss with the sauce. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with tzatziki sauce for dipping.
How long to cook chicken wings in an air fryer:
We cook our chicken wings straight from the freezer for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Shake the basket gently halfway through cooking for even cooking.
How to reheat chicken wings in an air fryer:
The air fryer does a great job of reheating foods, because it can crisp the food back up quickly. Pop your cold chicken wings into the air fryer basket and heat at 360 degrees for 5 minutes, shaking the basket gently halfway through cooking.
Absolutely! We take our wings straight from the freezer to the air fryer and then season and sauce after they’re fully cooked.
You’re likely overcrowding the air fryer. Make sure to leave a bit of space for air to flow between each chicken wing. That hot air is what will crisp up the skin.
More Easy Recipes You Will Love:
Greek Chicken Wings
For the wings:
- 10 frozen bone-in chicken wing sections
For the sauce:
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning see notes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Tzatziki sauce
To make the wings:
- Spritz the air fryer basket with oil spray and arrange the wings in an even layer.
- Spritz the wings with oil spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through cooking.
- Toss in the sauce just before serving.
To make the sauce:
- Finely mince the garlic and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Using a knife, press the garlic cloves into a paste using the broad side of the knife, dragging it over the garlic and pressing into the cutting board. Do this a few times to form a paste. Place garlic into a medium-sized bowl large enough to fit all of the wings.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, Greek seasoning, and paprika to the bowl with the garlic and whisk to combine. Taste and add additional Greek seasoning or salt, if needed.
- Add the wings to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with tzatziki for dipping.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!