Making frozen hash browns in the air fryer is so easy! We start with shredded frozen hashbrowns, toss them in a little oil and seasoning, and pile them in the air fryer! They turn out perfectly crisp around the edges and ready for breakfast in minutes!
We love making air fryer breakfast potatoes, but sometimes I don’t have fresh potatoes on hand or I’m just craving a big pile of hash browns (preferably crispy around the edges and drizzled with ketchup)! They are savory, filling, and with the air fryer they are super easy to make!
We’ve shared our recipe for air fryer frozen hash brown patties and those are legit! They taste like the drive-thru hashbrown patties that you get and my kids love them.
Most of my family prefers the more old-school diner-style shredded hash browns though. So I decided to make those in the air fryer as well, to see how easy it was. Folks, air fryer hash browns are just as easy as stove top and so tasty. They taste incredible, they’re easy to make, and they turn out just perfect with minimal effort.
I made some eggs and our air fryer sausage patties to go with these hashbrowns and boy oh boy did we have a great breakfast. Also, the cleanup of the air fryer basket was a cinch!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Potatoes- You will need a single 16-ounce bag of frozen hashbrowns. The brand shouldn’t matter, but do make sure you get shredded hashbrowns, not hash brown patties for this recipe.
Seasonings – We keep it simple with salt and pepper, but you could add in anything you like. Some Cajun seasoning will add a pop of spice!
I used to work with a man that was a hashbrown fanatic. He ate them for lunch and dinner as often as he did for breakfast!
He would squirt mayo and ketchup on his hashbrowns and then eat them with his meal. He swore by it, and I thought I would share in case you were a hash brown lover too!
How to Make Frozen Hash Browns In An Air Fryer:
- Prep the hashbrowns– Add your frozen hash browns to a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat the potatoes in the oil. Spread the potatoes in your air fryer basket and sprinkle your salt and pepper over the top.
- Air fry the hashbrowns– Air fry for 15 minutes at 370 degrees F. You will now need to flip them by using a spatula to break the hashbrowns into 4 sections and carefully flip each section over. You can sprinkle with more salt and pepper here if you wish. Then air fry for 5 more minutes still at 370 degrees F.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
Absolutely not! Go from the freezer straight to the air fryer with your frozen hash browns.
Swap the olive oil for melted butter, if you prefer buttery air fryer hash browns!
Use any blend of seasonings you like. We kept it simple with salt and pepper, but feel free to get creative.
Hashbrowns aren’t just for breakfast! Top them with taco meat and your favorite toppings for a fun twist on taco night!
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes:
Air Fryer Hash Browns
- 16 ounces frozen hash browns
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add frozen hash browns to a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Toss to coat the potatoes in the oil.
- Spread the potatoes into an even layer in your air fryer basket. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Air fry at 370 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Use a spatula to break the hashbrowns into 4 sections and carefully flip each section over. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Continue air frying at 370 degrees for 5 minutes or until potatoes are as crisp as you’d like.
- Serve immediately.