Our Air Fryer Dino Nuggets make the perfect lunch and the kids go nuts for them! Pop them in the air fryer and serve with your favorite dip for an easy and fun meal.
Want to know a secret about dino nuggets? I like them more than the regular frozen nuggets, because hey – they’re just fun to eat! Who doesn’t love biting the head off a dino nugget?!
Of course, if I’m feeling like an adult, I might make regular air fryer chicken nuggets and if I have a bit of extra time to make them from scratch, I’m definitely making our favorite air fryer Chick Fil A nuggets!
These dino nuggets in the air fryer really are fun though -for kids and adults. If I am having a gathering, I will put these out with a handful of dips and they will be gone, EVERY TIME! Plus all the comments about how fun they are from grown adults just brings joy to the room!
Best part, though? The kiddos can make these themselves. Love that the air fryer helps get my kids in the kitchen!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nuggets – We grabbed a bag of frozen dino nuggets. You can get other shapes too sometimes, depending on your grocer. The dino shapes are just a classic, so we went that route.
You will need an oil spray also. You don’t need a lot, but a bit of oil helps the nuggets crisp up on the outside.
For the longevity of your air fryer basket, you should use a mister instead of a can of an aerosol nonstick spray. The aerosal sprays can rust out your air fryer basket.
How to Make Dino Nuggets in the Air Fryer:
- Position the nuggets– Spritz your air fryer basket with oil spray and arrange your nuggets in the basket in a way that they don’t touch each other or the sides of the basket. There can be small gaps, but try to leave a gap nonetheless. This allows the air to flow around each piece and crisp up the breading.
- Air fry the dino nuggets– Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F. You will need to flip them after 4 minutes for best results.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
The air fryer is the cross between the two in many instances. It has microwave convenience and is slightly better than oven results. The reason for this is the oil moving about in the air helps give the nuggets a crisper breading than your oven ever will.
There are many dipping options for dino nuggets!
- Ketchup- a classic.
- BBQ sauce- add a little smoky flavor.
- Honey mustard- mustard with a slight sweetness that pairs so well with crispy chicken.
- Ranch dressing- easily available and probably the most versatile dip known to humans.
- Hot sauce- if you want some spicy kick to your chicken, try this! Be careful, your dino nuggets may become dragon nuggets!
More Kid Friendly Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Dino Nuggets
- 15 frozen Dino Nuggets
- Oil spray
- Spritz air fryer basket with oil spray.
- Arrange nuggets in an even layer in the basket and spritz with oil spray.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Serve hot with dip of choice.