Our Air Fryer Mahi Mahi turns out perfectly cooked in the air fryer in about 10 minutes. We top it off with our homemade mango avocado salsa, giving this dish all the vibes of a tropical vacation!
Nothing beats a beach vacation, if you ask me. And while I’m stuck here in the Midwest, I can bring the whole vibe and some of the flavors of my favorite beach trip home with me, thanks to the tropical flavors going on in this Air Fryer Mahi Mahi.
Honestly, the Mango Avocado Salsa just screams tropical vacation – sweet mango, creamy avocado, lime, and cilantro…it’s so good!
And, if you’ve never tried mahi mahi, it’s sure to be a new favorite. This white fish is flaky, mild flavored, and a bit sweet. This is a denser fish, much like swordfish.
Give this dish a try for date night. The fish fillets look so nice with the mango avocado salsa spooned over the top. It’s pretty, vibrant, and looks like a lot of effort went into the dish, but it’s secretly super simple and quick to prepare! Keep all that date night energy for something else! 😉
Mahi Mahi– You need four fresh fillets for this recipe, about 6 ounces each.
Fish seasoning– Olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt make up your fish seasonings.
Salsa ingredients– Mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime, and salt are what you need on your shopping list for the salsa!
How to Make Air Fryer Mahi Mahi:
Season the fish– Grab a small bowl and stir together your garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub oil on both sides of your fish filets. Sprinkle your seasoning mixture over the fish.
Air fry the fish– Spritz your air fryer basket with oil and add your seasoned filets. Air fry for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. You will need to flip halfway through cooking. After 10 minutes check that your fish flakes easily. If it doesn’t, continue cooking for a couple more minutes.
How to Make Mango Avocado Salsa:
Chop – Dice your mango, avocado, and red onion. Chop your cilantro. Finally, mince your garlic and jalapeno.
Combine everything- Grab a bowl and add all the ingredients to the bowl. Gently toss to combine. As you stir, the avocado will break down and your salsa will become a bit creamier. Taste your salsa and add jalapeno for more spice and salt to taste.
We serve our Mahi Mahi with the mango avocado salsa spooned over the top. It adds flavor and texture to the meal. This is delicious served with white rice on the side.
It is a tropical fish with white meat. It is a semi-mild fish that is dense and flaky.
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Mahi Mahi with Mango Avocado Salsa
For the fish:
- 4 fresh mahi mahi filets about 6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
For the salsa:
- 1 mango diced
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ jalapeno minced, more or less to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
To make the fish:
- Rub the oil over both sides of the fish to coat.
- Stir together the garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle each side of the fish with the seasoning.
- Place the fish in a greased air fryer basket and air fry at 400 for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the fish easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove from the air fryer to a serving plate.
To make the salsa:
- Add everything to a mixing bowl and toss gently to combine. The more you stir, the more the avocado will break down and the creamier the salsa will become.
- Taste and add additional jalapeno or salt, to taste.
- Spoon salsa over the fish and serve.