Our Air Fryer Apple Crisp takes about 15 minutes and makes 4 individual sized apple crisps, perfect for topping with a little vanilla ice cream! Warm, tender apples and the perfect oat topping – all made in the air fryer!
There are so many reasons to make this apple crisp for your next dessert!
First of all, apple crisp in the air fryer is super simple to make. It’s not like a cake or something where you need to follow exact measurements. Anybody can make this recipe turn out perfectly!
Secondly, you can totally customize this recipe to your taste. Add a pinch more cinnamon or brown sugar all you wish. Not a fan of vanilla ice cream on top? How about topping with whipped cream? All are great personalization options, which always makes the dessert a little more yours!
And finally, it is a wonderful autumn comfort food. The warm apples smell so darn good, and the cinnamon on top is something to make your mouth water just thinking about.
I love this air fryer apple crisp on days when I’m ready for Fall vibes, but it’s still too hot to turn on the oven. These are the perfect solution, much like our air fryer apple chips!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Apples – We like to use large Granny Smith apples for our filling. Honeycrisp also bake really well, as do Jonagold and Braeburn.
Extras – You’ll also need a bit of brown sugar, flour, and ground cinnamon. The flour will thicken the filling up just a touch and the brown sugar and cinnamon give these the perfect fall vibes.
No need to overthink your apples. When buying them at the grocery store or picking them at your local orchard, just avoid obvious problems like wrinkles, holes, or black spots. When all else fails, smell them. If the apple has a sweet smell, and is firm, that is the apple for you!
Oats – For our topping, we’re using rolled oats or quick cooking oats. Both work just fine. Do not use steel cut oats.
Leavening Agents – You’ll need a bit of both baking powder and baking soda.
Extras – You’ll also need flour, brown sugar, and some melted butter.
How to Make Apple Crisp in the Air Fryer:
- Combine– Start by peeling your apples, then core them. After that chop them into small bite-sized pieces and add them to a mixing bowl with the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and a dash of salt.
Coring an apple is super simple. Just cut it into wedges, then cut the most pointed piece off the wedge. It is best demonstrated in this 30-second video!
- Arrange – Once your apples are coated in the cinnamon sugar, divide them evenly between 4 greased 6-ounce ramekins.
- Topping – Add all of your topping ingredients except the butter to a small bowl and stir them all together until combined. Next, drizzle all of your butter over the top and then stir that to combine again. Crumble this mixture over your apples and then cover each ramekin with foil.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
- Air Fry – After preheating your air fryer at 360 degrees F for a couple minutes add your ramekins to the air fryer basket and air fry for 12-15 minutes or until the apples are as soft as you’d like. Then remove the foil and cook for 1-2 more minutes to brown the topping. When they are done, remove the air fryer basket and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Vanilla Ice Cream – A scoop of vanilla ice cream is a must, in my opinion!
Whipped Cream – A great alternative to ice cream is freshly whipped cream dolloped over the top.
Caramel Sauce – Like it extra sweet? Drizzle some warm caramel sauce over the top.
To check apples for doneness, insert a fork or butter knife into the center of the apple crisp. Apples should be tender.
Store leftover apple crisps tightly covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 1-2 minutes if you prefer warm apple crisp.
You may also bake this in an 8×8 baking dish, rather than individual ramekins, but cook time may vary a little bit. Keep covered in foil until the apples are done to prevent the top from burning.
Air Fryer Apple Crisp
For the filling:
- 3 large Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the topping:
- ⅓ cup quick cooking oats
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
To make the filling:
- Peel and core the apples. Chop into small, bite-sized pieces around ¼ to ½ inch in size. Place the apples in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the apples with the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to coat.
- Grease 4 6-ounce ramekins and divide the apples evenly between the ramekins.
To make the topping:
- Add everything but the butter to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the butter over the top and stir to combine. The mixture will be thick and crumbly.
- Crumble evenly over the apples.
- Cover the ramekins with foil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees for 2 minutes.
- Place the ramekins in the air fryer basket and air fry for 12-14 minutes or until the apples are softened to your liking. Remove the foil and cook for 1-2 minutes more to brown the topping. Use a fork or knife to test the apples for doneness.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.