You have to try this pumpkin French toast in an air fryer! It’s a delicious twist on a classic breakfast favorite, with the warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin spice infused into every bite!
Can you beat a cozy autumn morning? The brisk chill in the air as the leaves outside begin to change colors?
For me, the only way to top this is by adding it to by treating myself to a delightful breakfast that perfectly captures the essence of the season – that’s pumpkin French toast (in the air fryer)!
This scrumptious dish combines the richness of our custardy air fryer French toast with our favorite flavor: pumpkin spice. Each bite is a blend of soft, pillowy bread soaked in a spiced pumpkin-infused mixture, making it the ultimate autumn indulgence.
We add the velvety texture of the pumpkin puree to give the French toast a wonderful creaminess, while the aromatic spices provide a smell that instantly warms your soul.
The subtle sweetness from maple syrup drizzled over the top enhances the overall experience, creating a combo of flavors that we crave again and again!
Whether you enjoy our air fryer pumpkin french toast with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, this will become on of your favorite fall breakfast options!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bread – Nearly any bread will do, but our preference is thick white bread, such as Texas toast.
Custard – You’ll need the standard French toast ingredients, like eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar, but we’re adding a fall touch by stirring in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice as well.
We always keep pumpkin spice in the cupboard to add to our Fall recipes. Pumpkin itself doesn’t really have a lot of flavor. That familiar warm flavor comes from the pumpkin pie spice. You can use store bought or try our recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice.
How to Make Pumpkin French Toast:
- Custard – Grab a shallow dish and beat together your eggs, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar using a fork.
- Dunk – Place a piece of bread into your batter, flip it to coat it thoroughly on all sides, then put it into your air fryer basket. Depending on how fresh and thick your bread is, you’ll want a quick dunk or a longer dunk. Stale bread needs longer. We like to let it soak just until it starts to feel like the bread might fall apart.
- Cook – Leave room between all your pieces of bread, but put as many as you can fit into your air fryer basket. Do not stack them. Cook for 10 minutes at 360 degrees F flipping halfway through cooking.
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of freshly whipped cream is the perfect topping for French toast!
- Maple Syrup: Highly recommend using real maple syrup instead of pancake syrup for the best flavor.
- Buttermilk Syrup: We love buttermilk syrup and it’s delicious on this air fryer pumpkin french toast.
- Biscoff or Nutella: My kids love to spread their french toast with Biscoff or Nutella. Both melt into the warm bread beautifully. This makes for more of a dessert than a breakfast though.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
Store leftover french toast in the fridge in an air tight container for up to four days.
Reheat your French toast in the air fryer on low heat until warm. Should take about 4-5 minutes.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes:
Pumpkin French Toast in the Air Fryer
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 6 slices thick bread
- Non-stick spray
- syrup for serving
- In shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, sugar, and pumkin spice with a fork until well combined.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray. Place a piece of bread into the batter, flipping a couple times to coat thoroughly.
- Place the coated bread in the basket and repeat with remaining bread, leaving space between each piece of bread for air to flow. You'll likely need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 360 degrees for 5 minutes, flip, then cook another 4-5 minutes. Both sides should be golden brown.
- If working in batches, you may add all of the French toast back to the air fryer in a pile and cook for 1 minute to rewarm.