This recipe for air fryer mini corn dogs does a great job of mimicking the deep-fried cornmeal batter! Best part is, you can use frozen mini corn dogs and still get great results!
If you have kids, you likely serve corn dogs sometimes. If you ever were a kid, you likely ate corn dogs sometimes. They’re just a classic kid food, but I’m here to tell you that they make a pretty tasty lunch for adults too. 😉
Hot dogs are just the perfect lunch food, whether it’s these mini corn dogs in the air fryer or our bacon-wrapped hot dogs!
Anyway, the kids and I had a craving the other day and I tossed a bag of frozen mini corn dogs into my air fryer. Just ten minutes later, we had a simple lunch that I served up with some ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mini Corn Dogs- For this recipe we will be cooking 12 of the corn dogs from the bag. You can easily make more or less, depending on how many people you’re feeding.
When grocery shopping you will want to buy your preferred dip or dips also. Check below for a bunch of dipping options!
How to Make Mini Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer:
- Arrange: Spritz the basket of your air fryer with non-stick spray and arrange the corn dogs in a single layer. You’ll want to leave space between each for air to flow – this is how you get a nice and crispy coating.
- Air fry: Air fry for 10 minutes at 380 degrees F. Shake the basket halfway through cooking, or flip the mini corn dogs for the best results.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
When using the air fryer, the key to good results is keeping a gap all around the mini corn dogs. Try not to stack them, let them touch each other, or let them touch the sides. Also, after flipping or shaking the basket halfway through cooking, you can give them another spritz of oil. That can help too!
Corn dogs are made with a sweet cornmeal batter that’s wrapped around a hot dog or sausage.
Great Dips for Mini Corn Dogs!
- Mustard: Yellow mustard will pair well with the sweet breading of corn dog nuggets. You can add this to mayo or ketchup for a mustard combo dip. Spicy brown mustard can also be used for a different flavor.
- Ketchup: Ketchup is THE classic condiment that is commonly served with corn dog nuggets.
- Barbecue Sauce: A tangy barbecue sauce can add a smoky flavor that goes well with the crispy cornmeal coating of the nuggets and with the meat of the hot dog.
- Ranch Dressing: Ranch dressing just works with everything. I don’t know if there will ever be a creamy textured dip better than Ranch dressing.
- Cheese Sauce: Warm cheese sauce, whether homemade or from a jar, is always a fun option for dipping.
- Hot Sauce: For those who enjoy spicy snacks, hot sauce can be a great option. It can be served solo or mix it with mayonnaise to create a creamy dip.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes:
Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
- 12 frozen mini corn dogs
- Spritz the air fryer basket with oil spray and add the corn dogs in an even layer. Spritz the corn dogs with oil.
- Air fry at 380 degrees for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket gently halfway through cooking.
- Serve corn dogs with choice of dip.