Our Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops turn out crispy on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside with minimal prep! Ready in about 20 minutes for an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will rave about!
I’m a HUGE fan of air fryer pork chops and could eat them a couple of times a week! Happy to have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner, if we’re being honest.
Sometimes, we like to mix it up and add a nice, flavorful, crispy breading to our pork chops and that’s where these air fryer breaded pork chops come into play! They’re so darn good, easy to customize, and they go with just about any side you can throw at them!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pork chops – Grab a pack boneless, center-cut pork chops around a 1/2 inch thick. These reheat well, so feel free to double the recipe!
We love boneless center-cut pork chops, but this recipe should work well with any type of pork chop. Adjust cook time as needed and use a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
Breading Ingredients – Eggs, Panko, and Italian bread crumbs will provide that crispy breading.
Seasoning– We use garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper for seasoning. You can easily swap these for your favorite spice blend.
What We Love About This Recipe!
- Crispy Crunch: The breading gets perfectly crisp in the air fryer while the meat stays nice and moist. All thanks to the way the air fryer circulates heat!
- Juicy and Flavorful: Breaded pork chops are not only crispy on the outside but also juicy and flavorful on the inside. The breading acts as a protective layer, locking in all the delicious juices, resulting in a succulent pork chop loaded with flavor.
- Versatile and Customizable: This is true for many of the recipes we share on airfried.com as well. You can experiment with different seasonings and herbs in the breading, adding your own personal touch to the dish. Whether you prefer a classic blend of spices or want to get creative with unique flavors, the choice is yours!
- Comfort Food Bliss: There’s something inherently comforting about a plate of breaded pork chops. The combination of warm, crispy breading and tender meat creates a satisfying and hearty meal. It’s the kind of dish that can instantly transport you to a cozy and content state.
- Family Favorite: Breaded pork chops often have a special place in family recipes and traditions. Gathering around the table to enjoy a delicious meal of breaded pork chops can create lasting memories and bring loved ones closer together. It’s a dish that’s perfect for sharing with family and friends.
- Easy to Prepare: Don’t worry if you’re not an experienced chef – breaded pork chops in the air fryer are relatively easy to prepare. With a few simple steps, you can create a mouthwatering meal that looks and tastes impressive. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or a group, it’s a recipe that can be mastered by anyone.
How to Make Breaded Pork Chops in the Air Fryer:
- Prepare the breading– Grab two shallow dishes. In the first, whisk together your eggs. In the second, add the bread crumbs, panko, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir these to combine.
- Bread the pork chops– Dredge your pork chop in the eggs first, then press into the bread crumb mixture on both sides. Pressing the pork chops into the bread crumbs will help the mixture stick to the eggs and meat while it cooks in the air fryer. If you just toss it, the breading may fall off.
- Air Fry the pork chops– Spritz the pork liberally with oil spray and air fry at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip the pork chops over and spray again with oil spray. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
Dry pork chops? No way, not today!
Cook your pork chops to an internal temperature of 150 degrees for a juicy, tender chop that will leave you wanting seconds!
We use and love this ThermoPro meat thermometer anytime we’re making chicken, steak, or pork chops! It’s the easiest way to ensure meat is cooked to the perfect temperature every time and is a great gift for beginner cooks too!
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
Keep them refrigerated in an air tight container or a freezer bag. They will be good for 4-5 days.
Place them back in your air fryer! This is much better than reheating them in a microwave. You can heat them up in 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
If you enjoy dipping your breaded pork chops, try some honey mustard, BBQ sauce, or ranch.
The internal temperature of the pork chops should be 150 degrees. Timing may vary depending on the thickness of pork chops and your specific air fryer model. For best results use a meat thermometer.
We’re using a combination of traditional bread crumbs and panko to create a more crisp texture. You can skip the panko if you don’t have it on hand or prefer the texture of traditional bread crumbs.
What are the best sides to serve with breaded pork chops?
So many options here, but here is a quick list of options:
- Side Salad or cole slaw.
- Roasted veggies like broccoli, carrots, or Brussels sprouts.
- A casserole! Green bean casserole, potato casserole, or any other favorite option.
- Potatoes…any potato. Mashed potatoes, garlic French fries, baked potatoes, even roasted sweet potatoes, they all go well.
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
- 4 boneless, center cut pork chops about ½ inch thick
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Whisk together the eggs until smooth in a shallow dish.
- Add the bread crumbs, Panko, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to a second shallow dish.
- Dredge the pork chops first in the eggs and then in the bread crumbs to coat. Press the pork chops into the bread crumb mixture to make sure it fully adheres to the pork.
- Spritz your air fryer basket with oil spray and arrange the pork chops in a single layer in the basket, leaving a bit of space between each piece for air to flow. You may need to work in batches.
- Spritz the pork liberally with oil spray and air fry at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip the pork chops over and spray again with oil spray. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until pork is cooked through. The internal temperature should be 150 degrees. Timing may vary depending on thickness of pork chops and air fryer model. For best results use a meat thermometer.
- Repeat with remaining pork chops, if needed. Rewarm in air fryer for 2 minutes, as needed.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.