This recipe for air fryer sausage and peppers with onions will elevate your mealtime to a whole new level of deliciousness! With just 5 minutes of prep and 20 minutes in the air fryer, this quick dinner is perfect served over a pile of rice!
This recipe gives us such a wonderful blend of savory flavors and smoky goodness that it will instantly become a repeat recipe. I use this as a go-to lunch since it is so simple to make, but it is definitely a great dinner option as well!
We love smoked sausage in the air fryer and this is a way to turn it into a whole meal.
Plus, this is great for meal prep! Whip up a big batch, portion it into your favorite meal prep containers along with some rice, and you’ve got a grab and go meal that you can heat and eat all week long.
It only takes 20 minutes to cook this in your air fryer recipe so after a couple of minutes of chopping you are digging in in under 30 minutes.
Try this recipe out for some excitement and variety to your go-to lunch and dinner meal plans!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sausage – We use a 14 oz package of smoked sausage. Smoked sausage, andouille sausage, kielbasa…any will work, so grab what you prefer.
Peppers- Any color bell peppers will work. Go ahead and get one green and one red if you aren’t sure which way to go!
Onion– A single yellow onion is sufficient for this recipe.
Seasoning– You will need olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper for the basic version, but feel free to throw in any spices you like. Cajun seasoning is always popular around here. We like Tony’s.
How to Make Air Fryer Sausage, Peppers, and Onions:
- Sausage – Add your sliced sausage to a bowl. Drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle on some of the seasoning.
- Air fry – Air fry for 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Veggies – Slice the peppers and onion into strips and place in a bowl. Drizzle on the remaining oil and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning to coat.
- Air fry – Add the veggies to the sausage and give it a good stir. Continue air frying for an additional 15 minutes, or until the sausage is nicely browned and the veggies are tender.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
We love these sausage and peppers with Italian seasoning, but there are many seasoning blends that taste great with this recipe. Try seasoning to taste with Cajun seasoning, ranch dressing mix, or a Philly cheese steak seasoning. We also love a simple blend of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
Keep them in an air tight container in your fridge. They will last 4-5 days. When it is time to reheat, throw them back in your air fryer at 370 until warm. This should take around five minutes.
Don’t count out this meal for breakfast! You can make this a wonderful breakfast by serving it with some fluffy scrambled eggs and our air fryer hash browns!
This recipe is perfect for meal prep! Grab your favorite meal prep containers, pile in some cooked rice, and top with your air fryer sausage and peppers.
Reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until hot when you’re ready to eat!
These will last for 4-5 days in the fridge.
Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers with Onions
- 14 ounces smoked sausage
- 2 bell peppers any color
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Slice the sausage into ½ inch thick rounds. Slice the peppers and onions into thin strips, about ¼ inch wide.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the sausage to a mixing bowl and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Sprinkle with about ¼ of the seasoning and stir to coat the sausage in the seasoning.
- Add the sausage to the air fryer basket and air fry at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, add the peppers and onions to a mixing bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the remaining seasoning and stir to coat.
- Add the peppers and onions to the basket with the sausage and stir to combine. Air fry at 390 degrees for another 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking, until veggies are as tender as you’d like.
- Serve warm.