This easy Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza can be prepped and cooked and ready to devour in just 10 minutes! Use your favorite toppings to make this tortilla pizza the perfect lunch or dinner!
It’s probably no surprise to anyone that we love a good pizza. I mean, who doesn’t love pizza, after all?
Part of the appeal is that pizza is so quick and convenient, cheesy and delicious, and so customizable.
Sure, sometimes we resort to take out or deliveyr, but it’s so easy to enjoy pizza in the air fryer. In fact, we have a few recipes just for this! We’ve shared our recipe for English muffin pizza (a childhood favorite) as well as how to make frozen pizza in the air fryer.
This Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza is another delicious and simple way to get pizza on the table quickly.
The tortilla crisps up beautifully for that tasty, crackery thin crust that I love and you can easily pile on all of your favorite toppings and plenty of cheese.
The air fryer makes this pizza even more convenient! No heating up the oven. Just 4 to 5 minutes in the air fryer.
If you’re in the mood for wings and pizza, try it with some air fryer frozen chicken wings!
Everyone has their own idea about what the best toppings for a pizza are and like pretty much any other pizza recipe you can use whatever toppings you’d like. I’m using pepperoni, Italian sausage, and black olives. Here are some other good pizza topping suggestions:
- Ground Beef
- Bell Peppers
- Other Cheeses (Parmesan, cheddar, provolone, etc.)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Flour Tortilla – You’ll need an 8″ flour tortilla. Tortillas make a quick and easy thin crust for a pizza that requires absolutely no work at all. One tortilla per pizza, please.
Pizza Sauce – We love Rao’s marinara for pasta sauce but they also make a pretty good pizza sauce! I’ve linked to it, but you can use any brand of pizza sauce that you like when making air fryer tortilla pizza.
Cheese – I’m sticking with classic melty mozzarella cheese for topping the tortilla pizza. You can use other cheeses or a mixed variety of cheeses. Parmesan, cheddar, and provolone are all good choices.
Toppings – You’ll load the air fryer tortilla pizza up with all the same toppings that you would on a regular pizza. I’m using pepperoni, Italian sausage, and black olives. You’re welcome to use pretty much any pizza topping you want! I’m also adding a pinch of Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes for a bit of heat, but those are optional.
We love these air fryer tortilla pizzas because they are so quick and easy! No work preparing the dough or waiting for the oven to preheat. You can assemble these pizzas and cook them in just a few minutes and it’s practically effortless. These pizzas are great for snacks or meal time! And the tortilla crust actually tastes amazing – like a thin, crispy crust!
How to Make Tortilla Pizza:
- Prepare – To begin preheat your air fryer at 400 degrees for 3 minutes and spray the air fryer basket with some cooking spray. It’s a lot easier to assemble the tortilla pizza while it is in the air fryer basket so go ahead and place the tortilla into the basket after preheating to begin assembling the pizza.
- Sauce – Spread the pizza sauce over the tortilla, but be careful not to overdo it. You really don’t need a whole lot of sauce, just a thin layer covering the tortilla.
- Top – Sprinkle on the toppings like pepperoni, sausage, and black olives first and then top with the shredded mozzarella. Finally, sprinkle on Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Air Fry – Once you’ve finished preparing the pizza with your preferred cheese, toppings, and sauce you can place the basket back in the air fryer and let it air fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melty and has begun to brown. When the tortilla pizza has finished cooking let it cool for a couple of minutes before slicing or just enjoy it whole!
Keep these simple tips in mind when preparing tortilla pizza to get the best results:
- Assembling – I’d recommend adding the sauce, toppings, and cheese to the tortilla while it is in in the air fryer basket. It’s easier than trying to transfer it and possibly losing some toppings.
- Sauce – Don’t overload the tortilla with sauce! You only need a thin layer, about a tablespoon, and if you add too much it could make a mess in your air fryer.
- Toppings – Use whatever toppings you like. Set out a variety and let your family build their own pizzas for a fun pizza night.
- Low Carb – Keep this meal lower in carbs by using low carb tortillas and a pizza sauce without a lot of added sugar.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
You can keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container in your fridge for about 3 to 4 days. The tortilla pizza can be easily reheated in the microwave or air fryer.
Yes, you can assemble a tortilla pizza ahead of time and air fry it later. The uncooked pizza will last for a couple of days in the fridge or it can be frozen for up to a couple months.
The tortilla should crisp up a bit in the air fryer unless you overload it with sauce. It may be soggy if you use too much sauce. If you want the tortilla to be as crispy as possible it may help to brush it with some oil before adding the sauce.
We only use flour tortillas for making pizza crust as pizza dough is made with wheat. If you’d like to use corn tortillas, they will crisp up but they won’t taste the same as pizza dough.
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 1 8" flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 8 pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons cooked Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Pinch Italian seasoning
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees for 3 minutes. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the tortilla in the air fryer basket and carefully spread the sauce over the tortilla and top with the pepperoni, sausage, black olives, and cheese. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and pepper flakes.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 4 – 5 minutes until the cheese is melty and starts to brown.
- Remove from the air fryer basket. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the pizza in four pieces and enjoy!